Re: Boot Problem After Install

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Holger Pfister, May 11, 2005.

  1. Now, I have some News on the still persisting problem. I just reinstalled
    x64 with some older Via Drivers, but the same Problem:

    .... run chkds /f ... and so on

    and this:

    STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFF...)

    But I also found this in the widadebug.log

    ====================Start 'sti_ci.dll' Debug - Time: 2005/05/11
    23:06:47:609====================
    InstallWiaService: ERROR!! Unable to install service. Err=0x433

    Does someone know, if this could be the reason???

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus der Stadt des Euro
    With Regards from the City of the Euro

    Holger Pfister

    Internet: www.holger-pfister.de

    Holger Pfister, May 11, 2005

  2. Holger Pfister

    Rick Guest

    It has been posted numerous times that the 0x0000007B error is caused by
    trying to install drivers without the required decoration. You can
    download the latest version from www.viaarena.com that now have the
    required decorations.

    Rick, May 12, 2005