Re: Bookmarks Problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by letterman@invalid.com, Sep 4, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:26:06 -0400, "Barry Karas"
    <> wrote:

    >1. I had Firefox 2.0. The bookmarks worked just fine.
    >
    >2. My personal computer (Windows XP Home operating system) crashed.
    >
    >3. The computer was restarted.
    >
    >4. The Firefox bookimarks only went through C -- not A through Z like
    >before.
    >
    >5. I temporarily bookmarked items under the folder, "Bookmarks".
    >
    >5. I updated to version 3, hoping that all of my bookmarks would be
    >restored.
    >
    >7. Not only were the bookmarks not restored, Firefox 3 does not allow me to
    >bookmark in ANY folder that I used.
    >
    >How can I fix this bookmarks problem?
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    >Barry Karas

    Firefox has always had problems with bookmarks. I like FF, but I have
    never liked or trusted their bookmarks. Your best bet is to back them
    up every few days or sooner. Create a shortcut to the bookmark
    folder, then just copy it to a backup device or another folder on your
    harddrive. I dont care much for IE, but I like the IE bookmarks much
    better. If there is something I really want to save, I just copy the
    url to IE and then I bookmark it.

    , Sep 4, 2008

  2. Timo Salmi Guest

    wrote:
    > "Barry Karas" <> wrote:
    >> How can I fix this bookmarks problem?

    > Firefox has always had problems with bookmarks. I like FF, but I have
    > never liked or trusted their bookmarks. Your best bet is to back them
    > up every few days or sooner. Create a shortcut to the bookmark

    Another option is to write a links page of one's own. Can be done fairly
    easily with any text editor. One does not need to have a host site, of
    course. The link's page can be stored on one's PC locally in a suitable,
    safe folder.

    Personally I use both bookmarks (backupped) and a couple of dedicated
    link pages.

    All the best, Timo

    Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
    mailto: <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FI-65101, Finland
    Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

    Timo Salmi, Sep 4, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:17:35 +0300, Timo Salmi <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "Barry Karas" <> wrote:
    >>> How can I fix this bookmarks problem?

    >> Firefox has always had problems with bookmarks. I like FF, but I have
    >> never liked or trusted their bookmarks. Your best bet is to back them
    >> up every few days or sooner. Create a shortcut to the bookmark

    >Another option is to write a links page of one's own. Can be done fairly
    >easily with any text editor. One does not need to have a host site, of
    >course. The link's page can be stored on one's PC locally in a suitable,
    >safe folder.
    >
    >Personally I use both bookmarks (backupped) and a couple of dedicated
    >link pages.
    >
    > All the best, Timo

    I often copy the url to the desktop using the icon drag method. Then
    I move them into a special folder on my desktop, which has sub-folders
    according to the category. Just another method that works......

    , Sep 4, 2008