Re: Bobs wishes to get a lcd monitor

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mischief, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. Mischief

    Mischief Guest

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:39:18 +1300, BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:50:42 +1300, "rupert" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I got a CMV from DSE - 16ms response rate - looks like they are clearing
    >>them out at present....
    >>
    >>I reckon it's pretty fine and runs at 1280x1024 res
    >>
    >>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/41e8b24002cb24802740c0a87f99071b/Product/View/XC6273
    >>

    >These are Old Models with out the Dead Pixel Warrantee..

    I have one here that we got 18 months ago with a three year Zero dead
    pixel warantee. Runs sweet and am sure it will run another 18 months
    no problem.

    I saw them in Dick Smith on Friday and out of interest had a yak to a
    "salesman", ooops, that might be "sales consultant", and he said they
    come with a 12 month manufacturer's warrantee covering 5 or six dead
    pixels as per industry standards and for an extra 50 or 60 bucks I
    could get an extra 2 years drawing the warrantee out to 3 years. I
    know perfectly well that deals can be done for zero dead pixels and a
    common/usual/standard 3 year warrantee. The salesman said that that
    was crap, no supplier does a zero pixel warrantee let alone a 3 year
    standard warrantee on LCD monitors. His claim heard by and confirmed
    by 3 other salesmen. Bullshitting cunts.

    Mischief, Jan 16, 2005

  2. On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:37:07 +1300, Mischief <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:39:18 +1300, BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:50:42 +1300, "rupert" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I got a CMV from DSE - 16ms response rate - looks like they are clearing
    >>>them out at present....
    >>>
    >>>I reckon it's pretty fine and runs at 1280x1024 res
    >>>
    >>>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/41e8b24002cb24802740c0a87f99071b/Product/View/XC6273
    >>>

    >>These are Old Models with out the Dead Pixel Warrantee..
    >>

    >I have one here that we got 18 months ago with a three year Zero dead
    >pixel warantee. Runs sweet and am sure it will run another 18 months
    >no problem.
    >
    >I saw them in Dick Smith on Friday and out of interest had a yak to a
    >"salesman", ooops, that might be "sales consultant", and he said they
    >come with a 12 month manufacturer's warrantee covering 5 or six dead
    >pixels as per industry standards and for an extra 50 or 60 bucks I
    >could get an extra 2 years drawing the warrantee out to 3 years. I

    That brand is sold in OZZ with a 3 year warranty. zero pixel defects, but it
    has a slightly different model number, been like that for some 6 months or
    more.

    I have the OZZY mag with the Agents advert in it.

    From memory its a CMV CT-713AB

    No one in his right mind today should buy a LCD unless it has a 3 year
    warrantee and a Zero pixel defects..

    >know perfectly well that deals can be done for zero dead pixels and a
    >common/usual/standard 3 year warrantee. The salesman said that that
    >was crap, no supplier does a zero pixel warrantee let alone a 3 year

    Many many do, he is bull shitting uou..

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Mischief

    Mischief Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:47:31 +1300, BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:37:07 +1300, Mischief <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:39:18 +1300, BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au
    >>wrote:

    >>>These are Old Models with out the Dead Pixel Warrantee..
    >>>

    >>I have one here that we got 18 months ago with a three year Zero dead
    >>pixel warantee. Runs sweet and am sure it will run another 18 months
    >>no problem.

    Mine, Model CT-722A. Tricky Dicky, CT-722A. Exact same unit.

    >>I saw them in Dick Smith on Friday and out of interest had a yak to a
    >>"salesman", ooops, that might be "sales consultant", and he said they
    >>come with a 12 month manufacturer's warrantee covering 5 or six dead
    >>pixels as per industry standards and for an extra 50 or 60 bucks I
    >>could get an extra 2 years drawing the warrantee out to 3 years. I

    >That brand is sold in OZZ with a 3 year warranty. zero pixel defects, but it
    >has a slightly different model number, been like that for some 6 months or
    >more.
    >
    >I have the OZZY mag with the Agents advert in it.
    >
    >From memory its a CMV CT-713AB

    Mine, Model CT-722A. Tricky Dicky, CT-722A. Exact same unit.

    >No one in his right mind today should buy a LCD unless it has a 3 year
    >warrantee and a Zero pixel defects..

    LG do the 3 years Zero Pixel. Friend has a couple.

    Mischief, Jan 16, 2005
  4. Mischief

    Gurble Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:10:05 +1300, Mischief <> had
    this to say:

    >>That brand is sold in OZZ with a 3 year warranty. zero pixel defects, but it
    >>has a slightly different model number, been like that for some 6 months or
    >>more.
    >>
    >>I have the OZZY mag with the Agents advert in it.
    >>
    >>From memory its a CMV CT-713AB
    >>

    >Mine, Model CT-722A. Tricky Dicky, CT-722A. Exact same unit.

    All the CMV's have a 3 year warranty. Maybe Dickies got a deal for
    them to be cheaper with a 1 year warranty, or, more likely, they just
    want you to think it has a 1 year warranty so they can sell you an
    "extended warranty".

    There are two different versions of each model, and the only
    difference is that one has a 3 year zero bright pixel warranty whilst
    the other 3 year warranty only covers 2 or 3 bright pixels.

    CT-7xxAS : 3 Year Standard Warranty
    CT-7xxAB : 3 Year Zero Bright Pixel Warranty

    The B model is usually around $40 more than the S model.

    You are right, Woger, in that the 722A is old stock, but it is still a
    damn good monitor. However, shopping around (and I don't mean just the
    "lowest price, crappiest service" places) will get you the newer
    CT-712A, which has a slightly faster response time (14ms rather than
    16ms), and will give you change from the Dickies price for the slower
    unit:
    http://tinyurl.com/6t2aq

    However, if you're into gaming, you'd be far better off getting the
    CT-720D. Whilst it's about $60-$70 more than the current 712A, it more
    than makes up for it with the dual VGA/DVI interface, and, most
    importantly, 8ms response time:
    http://tinyurl.com/6lpky

    We have gone through well over 50 of the CMV monitors, and have yet to
    find a single bright or dead pixel (and we've always bought the model
    without the bright pixel warranty).

    HTH

    Oh and Bobs, score a skank for me...
    Gurble, Jan 16, 2005