Re: Bobs wishes to get a lcd monitor

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jerry, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:

    >>I have a viewsonic VP171 I got about a year and a half ago, no
    >>commplaints at all. 16ms, games run good. If I was getting one now I'd
    >>go for the VP912 I think, 12ms.
    >>
    >>Jerry

    > And Not 16mil Colours..
    >

    > You have been HAD..

    OK, I'll throw it away and get a proper one then

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jan 16, 2005

  2. On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:07:31 +1300, Jerry <> wrote:

    >BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
    >

    >>>I have a viewsonic VP171 I got about a year and a half ago, no
    >>>commplaints at all. 16ms, games run good. If I was getting one now I'd
    >>>go for the VP912 I think, 12ms.
    >>>
    >>>Jerry

    >> And Not 16mil Colours..
    >>

    >> You have been HAD..

    >OK, I'll throw it away and get a proper one then
    >
    >Jerry

    The Info that referred to it was on Toms as it has the same LCD Panel as my
    LCD..

    So there is no reason to be sarcastic..

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:

    >>>And Not 16mil Colours..
    >>>

    >>>You have been HAD..

    >>OK, I'll throw it away and get a proper one then
    >>
    >>Jerry

    > The Info that referred to it was on Toms as it has the same LCD Panel as my
    > LCD..
    >
    > So there is no reason to be sarcastic..

    It works well, and looks good on games and I'm happy with it really. I
    won't be buying another one in the forseeable future, and don't feel I
    was "had". I got it, as well as built a new computer on about Sept 03,
    so I should be OK for over another year. Next to another LCD it looks good.

    Do you have a link to the article if it is still available?

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jan 17, 2005
  4. On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:15:30 +1300, Jerry <> wrote:

    >BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:

    >>>OK, I'll throw it away and get a proper one then
    >>>
    >>>Jerry

    >> The Info that referred to it was on Toms as it has the same LCD Panel as my
    >> LCD..
    >>
    >> So there is no reason to be sarcastic..

    >It works well, and looks good on games and I'm happy with it really. I
    >won't be buying another one in the forseeable future, and don't feel I
    >was "had". I got it, as well as built a new computer on about Sept 03,
    >so I should be OK for over another year. Next to another LCD it looks good.
    >
    >Do you have a link to the article if it is still available?
    >
    >Jerry

    It was a general review and data on LCD Monitors, I have a Hitachi that has
    the same LCD Panel, at the time review this monitor and never listed this
    problem, it came out later in his reviews

    Here are some of the links that I saved

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20030626/index.html

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20020114/lcd-09.html

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/19990624/index.html

    Main Page

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/index.html

    LCD Panel maker

    http://www.auo.com/auoDEV/

    My Hitachi , Screen of the year..

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20030109/index.html

    He did not know at that time that the screen used Dithering to get 16m
    colors, seems that a lot of the faster ones do.

    Your Viewsonic is here

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20031105/index.html

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Jerry

    *K* Guest

    http://wwwpcalpha.co.nz

    >He did not know at that time that the screen used Dithering to get 16m
    >colors, seems that a lot of the faster ones do.

    16m colors +++ OK :)

    *K*, Jan 19, 2005
  6. Jerry

    wrote:

    >Here are some of the links that I saved

    http://www.pcalpha.co.nz/index.php?cPath=78&osCsid=1e5f85edf50fd7df85c583faf57cfa02

    16m colors +++ :)

    >PC ALPHA , computer store of the year..
    >
    >http://www.pcalpha.co.nz

    very good price and top quality deals :)

    </invisible></html>

    , Jan 19, 2005
  7. On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:10:36 +1300, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Prices so good to be true!

    LOL

    www.ttdown.com, Jan 19, 2005
  8. Jerry

    EMB Guest

    wrote:
    <snip all the commercial spam and report the posting to xtra>

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jan 19, 2005