Re: blue screen...please help!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by GHalleck, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. GHalleck

    GHalleck Guest

    Joseph wrote:

    > Hello all, I had a question and not sure where to start. I just bought a
    > brand new ASUS A7N8X deluxe motherboard to replace my DFI AD77 with AMD
    > xp2200+. everything seem to be fine while I was running windows xp pro with
    > Kingston 512 pc2700 ram on AD77 board, but when I moved everything to my new
    > a7n8x, everything went south.....the windows wont even load. it showed the
    > boot up sequence, ram test, detected my IDE drives, then "blue screen"
    > popped out, flashed less than 1 second....too short that I couldn't really
    > look at the error message, then it rebooted...then did it again and again
    > and again......
    >
    > at first, I was suspecting the memory, but after I went on to Kingston
    > website and found out their memory is compatible with asus board.....would
    > someone please give me an advise on what component might have something to
    > do with the error, thanks a lot!
    >
    > Joe

    Break out the motherboard manual. While the Kingston website might be
    specifying the proper modules to purchase, it is up to the user to make sure
    that the DRAM latencies are set up properly. The values should be found
    in the Chipset section of the manual.
    GHalleck, Aug 5, 2003