Re: Blue Screen in windows xp

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Ronnie Broyles, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Does the computer BSOD on you at random intervals or is there a pattern that
    you can see developing? After the BSOD do you get a message similar to
    "this system has recovered from a serious error--it should also prompt you
    to send the information to Microsoft so they can look at it. I recognize
    the path you gave. It is almost an identical one that I seem to get
    occasionally. The path---c:\windows\minidump\mini071503-01.dmp

    will I think lead you in the direction that there is a promblem with the
    paging file(at least on mine there was this problem). The paging file would
    be written, but there would still be a flag stating that a paging file
    needed to be written--and my system would Blue Screen and reboot itself. I
    had to do a re-work on the paging file to fix it.

    Best information I can give--do some research with the MS website
    Knowledgebase and see if anything is there--but it almost sounds like my
    propblem with the paging file.

    hth

    http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm

    --