Re: Bloody DNS

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 25, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    §nühw¤£f <> wrote in
    news:ia28pj$69t$:

    > Centurylink's dns swervers just took an enourmous dump. NNTP works,
    > POP3 works, but no HTTP connections.
    >
    > <guffaw>
    > Typical...

    change to 2.1.1.1. Always worked for me when I have problems.

    Open network (or *whatever* MS calls it in your OS), then click on
    tcp/ip, then properties, DNS configuration, enable DNS and put the above
    IP address in where it says Host. You *do* need to restart afterwards.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 25, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 25/10/2010 00:25, chuckcar wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f<> wrote in
    >
    >> Centurylink's dns swervers just took an enourmous dump. NNTP works,
    >> POP3 works, but no HTTP connections.
    >>
    >> <guffaw>
    >> Typical...

    > change to 2.1.1.1. Always worked for me when I have problems.

    Idiot. Use the correct DNS servers you dumbass

    http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

    > Open network (or *whatever* MS calls it in your OS), then click on
    > tcp/ip, then properties, DNS configuration, enable DNS and put the above
    > IP address in where it says Host. You *do* need to restart afterwards.

    Wrong, wrong and wrong again.

    Desk Rabbit, Oct 25, 2010