  1. Kerry Brown

    Kerry Brown Guest

    You could try using OpenDNS as a forwarder.

    http://www.opendns.com/

    --
    Kerry Brown

    Kerry Brown, Jul 12, 2009

  2. Kerry Brown

    Kerry Brown Guest

    "tg" <> wrote in message

    > "Kerry Brown" <*a*m> wrote in message
    >> You could try using OpenDNS as a forwarder.
    >>
    >> http://www.opendns.com/

    > thanks for your feedback Kerry, opendns looks like a good solution and I'm
    > using them now. I instantly noticed some sites being blocked which was
    > reassuring. It's good that you can specify exact sites to be blocked or
    > allowed but I missed was the ability to upload a (big) personalised
    > blacklist. Oh well, can't have everything lol.

    You're welcome. OpenDNS can be an option. Personally I'd rather control my
    own DNS. DNS is the bedrock the Internet is built on. It's hard to put into
    words but I'm not comfortable with my DNS queries being played with and not
    always getting the authoritative answer. So far I trust OpenDNS but
    modifying DNS answers could be the start of a ride down a slippery slope.

    I do recommend OpenDNS for home users and small p2p networks.

    --
    Kerry Brown
    Kerry Brown, Jul 13, 2009