Re: blocking spies altogether?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by miss calm, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Zermut" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:18:19 +0100, "miss calm" <>
    > scribbled the following:
    >
    > >Hi Peeps,
    > >If I used a firewall would that mean that I would not need to use adaware

    or
    > >spybot?
    > >Marketscore and other trackers deposit programs in my pc everyday and I
    > >wonder how I could prevent them getting in the first place rather than
    > >having to run adaware every day?
    > >Thanks.

    > Well that would be a bit of a problem. The firewalls do stop the spies
    > from calling home to inform the companies that are spying on you about
    > your habits which are none of their business. But any program you
    > install can have spyware built in. Your only way is to tell those
    > companies to screw off and dump the programs that had the spyware
    > built in.
    >
    > I had to do that myself. It slowed my computer down and caused it to
    > crash. I still have to use Adaware and Spybot to sniff the spies out.
    >
    > Zermut

    Thanks Zermut,
    Yes many Downloaders like Gozilla, companies like 'Gamespy' and free offers
    of download accelerators like 'Marketscore' are to be watched out for.
    I am now looking into buying a comprehensive system like Norton which
    deals - hope, with security as well as AV and System fixing and cleaning
    utilities. I want one which fixes problems like .dll issues as well.

    miss calm, Aug 7, 2003