Re: blocking spies altogether?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike0000, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Mike0000

    Mike0000 Guest

    Disable active X downloads in your security settings in IE. Or run the
    Mozilla browser.

    Block ad sites proactively with some kind of blocker. You can use mine
    here:

    http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Run Ad Aware every so often.

    Mike
    http://everythingisnt.com

    "Zermut" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:18:19 +0100, "miss calm" <>
    > scribbled the following:
    >
    > >Hi Peeps,
    > >If I used a firewall would that mean that I would not need to use adaware

    or

    Mike0000, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Mike0000

    miss calm Guest

    "Mike0000" <> wrote in message
    > Disable active X downloads in your security settings in IE. Or run the
    > Mozilla browser.
    >
    > Block ad sites proactively with some kind of blocker. You can use mine
    > here:
    >
    > http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html
    >
    > Run Ad Aware every so often.
    >
    > Mike
    > http://everythingisnt.com

    Thanks Mike,
    I've marked that in 'Favourites' and I'll check it out later. I'm sending my
    PC in to be sorted out by the mechanics in the next few days.

    miss calm, Aug 7, 2003