Re: blocking kazza

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by donut, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. donut

    donut Guest

    Will Spencer <> wrote in
    news::

    > Kazaa Media Desktop connects to Kazaa Supernodes on port 1214.
    >
    > Therefore, my first step would be to block outgoing port 1214 on the
    > firewall.

    This is old info. The newer versions of Kazaa will connect on any port.

    donut, Aug 8, 2003

  2. donut

    jaimin Guest

    Yep Kazaa does port hop. You can use software which we've made, it's
    called Browse Control. It does work on the client side. Basically
    allows you to send a list of Applications which you wish to Block e.g.
    KazAa to the client. It actually looks at the internal windows name
    of the application which the user is trying to run..so even if they
    rename it they cannot cheat the system. You can download it from:
    http://www.codework.com/bcontrol/features.htm

    Hope that helps!
    Divyesh

    jaimin, Aug 24, 2003

  3. donut

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 24 Aug 2003 04:36:15 -0700, (jaimin) wrote:

    >Yep Kazaa does port hop. You can use software which we've made, it's
    >called Browse Control. It does work on the client side

    If you read the original post that EXACTLY the option thats
    not available.
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Aug 24, 2003