Re: blocking kazza

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Lord Shaolin, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Lord Shaolin

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    "Will Spencer" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:14:30 +0200, Jim Watt <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >whats the best way of doing this apart from on the users machine.

    > Kazaa Media Desktop connects to Kazaa Supernodes on port 1214.
    >
    > Therefore, my first step would be to block outgoing port 1214 on the
    > firewall.
    >
    > I'm assuming you've already blocked all incoming traffic.
    >

    > Will Spencer
    > http://www.nsai.net

    Then it will just use port 80.

    Unless you are planning on blocking that too?

    KaZaa is very hard to stop unless you have application layer filtering.

    Just educate your users with a LART and make a company policy anyone found
    using p2p apps on the company network will be fired.

    If someone does, fire them.

    This tends to put a stop on it pretty fast :)

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.

    Lord Shaolin, Aug 8, 2003