Re: Blaster Worm Update

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jay, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Jay, Aug 13, 2003

  2. Jay

    Jay Guest

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

    > If I've just updated my virus definitions (AVG) do I still need to d/l the
    > MS patch?
    > Win2k Pro.
    >
    > Jay

    Not to worry, looked in my add/remove programs and I'd been a good boy and
    already d/l the patch.

    Jay
    Jay, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Jay

    PWB Guest

    My PC kept shuting dow and rebooting yesterday (this is what seems to
    happen) and I didn't know what it was but after about the third time AVG
    picked it up and asked me to run it . it then healed it when I ran the full
    scan.

    PWB, Aug 13, 2003
  4. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:eek:ql_a.114788$,
    Jay <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> typed
    || "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <> wrote in
    || message news:...
    ||| Just reported on the news:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html
    || If I've just updated my virus definitions (AVG) do I still need to
    || d/l the MS patch?
    || Win2k Pro.
    || Jay

    it would be a good idea if you haven't already. Remember the patch has been
    out for some time, so *should* really already be installed.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.
    Robert de Brus, Aug 13, 2003
  5. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:6hr_a.11512$,
    Kraftee <> typed
    || "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    ||| In news:eek:ql_a.114788$,
    ||| Jay <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> typed
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html
    ||| it would be a good idea if you haven't already. Remember the patch
    ||| has been out for some time, so *should* really already be installed.
    ||| ---
    ||| Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus
    ||| Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    || But it's never been on the windows update pages (or did I miss it).
    || Last time something like this was publicised it took a week or so
    || before the patch was put on there...

    Well I have it installed and I don't remember doing it, and I certainly
    haven't installed it in the past week.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.
    Robert de Brus, Aug 13, 2003
  6. Jay

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Kraftee mused:

    | But it's never been on the windows update pages (or did I miss it).
    |
    | Last time something like this was publicised it took a week or so
    | before the patch was put on there...

    The patch was issued on (I believe) July 14, and my system shows I
    installed it on July 19 from Windows Update.
    mhicaoidh, Aug 13, 2003