Re: Blaster worm creator---A KID????

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Plato, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Douglas A. Shrader wrote:

    > I've always thought criminals should be held finacial responsible for the
    > crimes they knowingly commit.

    If creating a computer virus is a crime. The shouldn't also it be a
    crime to create nukes and bio-weapons? Many US engineers on the govt.
    payroll have created both.

    Which is the worst crime? A program that can kill a PC or a weapon that
    can kill humanity?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 30, 2003

  2. "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Douglas A. Shrader wrote:
    > >
    > > I've always thought criminals should be held finacial responsible for

    the
    > > crimes they knowingly commit.

    > If creating a computer virus is a crime. The shouldn't also it be a
    > crime to create nukes and bio-weapons? Many US engineers on the govt.
    > payroll have created both.
    >
    > Which is the worst crime? A program that can kill a PC or a weapon that
    > can kill humanity?

    You are a moron...

    Seeing as how nearly everything is either run by or stored on computer now,
    viruses have the potential of knocking us back into the stone age. What do
    you think would happen if someone managed to use a virus to wipe out all the
    financial data for even one country? Or what if someone managed to plant a
    virus into the computers that control the lanching of said weapons of mass
    destruction??

    Moving on... . Making a gun is not a crime, but using one to harm someone
    is (in general). Creating a virus is not a crime, but releasing a virus
    into the general populace should be.

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 30, 2003

  3. "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Douglas A. Shrader wrote:
    > >
    > > I've always thought criminals should be held finacial responsible for

    the
    > > crimes they knowingly commit.

    > If creating a computer virus is a crime. The shouldn't also it be a
    > crime to create nukes and bio-weapons? Many US engineers on the govt.
    > payroll have created both.

    If someone smashes all the windows in your car with a baseball bat, and get
    caught, don't you think that person should pay for the repairs to your car?
    It would not only benifit you and your insurance, but it would sure as hell
    make him, and everyone who hears about it, think twice the next time they
    feel like smashing windows.
    Engineers doing the job they were hired to do by their government are not
    criminals, and I don't think even you could say they are.

    > Which is the worst crime? A program that can kill a PC or a weapon that
    > can kill humanity?

    That would depend on whos' law your "preaching" here.

    Douglas A. Shrader, Aug 31, 2003