Re: Blast to the past: Digital deliberately erasing the advances of100 years!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Whisky-dave, Apr 16, 2012.

  1. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Apr 16, 1:42 pm, Mxsmanic <> wrote:
    > bugbear writes:
    > > This easily predates digital. "Artists" have been deliverately
    > > making images that don't fully exploit available technology,
    > > or (indeed) delibererately degrade it it, for decades.

    > But these are ordinary snapshots, not "art."

    Are't these people trying to capture the look of the past, I thought
    that was the/their idea.

    > You'd think that people would
    > want the best possible quality for posterity. Once you've added defects, you
    > can't necessarily remove them.

    Again it depends why the photo's were taken of the inteneded use.

    > > One might cite Man Ray's solarisation - "Art or Mistake"?

    > Mistake passed off as art.
    >
    > Like Mark Twain said, the best thing about being an artist is that nobodycan
    > prove you're not.

    maybe the same goes for photograp[hers :)
    Whisky-dave, Apr 16, 2012

  2. Re: Blast to the past: Digital deliberately erasing the advances of 100 years!

    In article
    <>,
    Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    > > Like Mark Twain said, the best thing about being an artist is that nobody
    > > can
    > > prove you're not.

    > maybe the same goes for photograp[hers :)

    A photographer is a person with a camera. A "pro" photographer is
    someone with a camera who knows how to blow without spitting.

    Fred
    Fred McKenzie, Apr 17, 2012

  3. Whisky-dave

    TheRealSteve Guest

    Re: Blast to the past: Digital deliberately erasing the advances of 100 years!

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:19:15 -0400, Fred McKenzie <>
    wrote:

    >In article
    ><>,
    > Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >
    >> > Like Mark Twain said, the best thing about being an artist is that nobody
    >> > can
    >> > prove you're not.

    >> maybe the same goes for photograp[hers :)

    >A photographer is a person with a camera. A "pro" photographer is
    >someone with a camera who knows how to blow without spitting.

    Ouch. So many jokes there.
    TheRealSteve, Apr 17, 2012