Re: Blanked-out Screen

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by MceRx0, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. MceRx0

    MceRx0 Guest

    The refresh rate is set too high for the monitor.
    Boot into save mode, uninstall the video card drivers, reboot and reinstall
    the video drivers and set the monitor to a refresh rate it can handle.

    MceRx0, Feb 5, 2006

  2. MceRx0

    MceRx0 Guest

    Monitors with built in protection will blank or turn off if the refresh rate
    is set too high......
    I see this when switching a monitor to a smaller one and I forget to lower
    the refresh rate in the display settings before hand. :)

    MceRx0, Feb 8, 2006