Re: Black Ice

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    I have an idea what you should do. Forget all about B.I.D.
    Use a better alternative.

    Outpost

    Sygate
    http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm

    Zone Alarm
    http://www.zonelabs.com/

    Kerio
    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html

    Tiny
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:00:30 +0100, in
    <bdcks6$rj8lh$>
    keith scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 25, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    bluemaxx Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    : I have an idea what you should do. Forget all about B.I.D.
    : Use a better alternative.
    :
    : Outpost
    : http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
    :
    : Sygate
    : http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm
    :
    : Zone Alarm
    : http://www.zonelabs.com/
    :
    : Kerio
    : http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
    :
    : Tiny
    : http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview

    0Mike0... or anyone else in here... :)

    What are your opinions of the free Sygate firewall as compared to the
    free edition of Zone Alarm? Better? Worse? Thanks!
    --
    Linda

    bluemaxx, Jun 25, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:51:17 -0500, in
    <bdd95k$rt9sh$>
    bluemaxx scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >: I have an idea what you should do. Forget all about B.I.D.
    >: Use a better alternative.
    >:
    >: Outpost
    >: http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
    >:
    >: Sygate
    >: http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm
    >:
    >: Zone Alarm
    >: http://www.zonelabs.com/
    >:
    >: Kerio
    >: http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
    >:
    >: Tiny
    >: http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview
    >
    >0Mike0... or anyone else in here... :)
    >
    >What are your opinions of the free Sygate firewall as compared
    >to the free edition of Zone Alarm? Better? Worse? Thanks!

    Sygate is better than ZA, IMO. Zone Alarm, though good, can
    be a real pain to set up correctly. You might want to consider
    the full version of Sygate, which is far superior. Outpost is
    also better, and MUCH easier to set up.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 26, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:14:19 -0500, in
    <bdeh6d$rrv2c$>
    bluemaxx scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >: Sygate is better than ZA, IMO. Zone Alarm, though good, can
    >: be a real pain to set up correctly. You might want to consider
    >: the full version of Sygate, which is far superior. Outpost is
    >: also better, and MUCH easier to set up.
    >:
    >
    >Thank you, °Mike°. :)

    You're welcome.

    --