Re: Bizarre symbols

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Liz, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Liz

    Liz Guest

    "Pat" wrote:
    > I have Windows 98 and now I got bizarre symbols on every windows I open. I
    > thought it was a virus but Norton didn't find any.

    The Marlett TrueType font is used for displaying Maximize
    and Minimize buttons, scroll bar arrows and etc.
    If the Marlett.ttf file is damaged or deleted, numbers or garbled
    characters appear in place of controls. On my Win ME the file is in the
    Fonts Folder located in the Control Panel, it should have both
    system & hidden attributes.

    If you have tweak installed, try to repair the font folder from the
    Repair tab. Or use the Extract tool to get the file from the CAB file.

    Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font
    http://tinyurl.com/kari

    How to extract original compressed Windows files in win 98 & ME
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;129605

    Liz, Aug 18, 2003