    Anne Brooks Guest

    I was wondering if the red X has anything to do with Active X. I had to have
    active x to download virus scan from Mcafee.
    Anne Brooks, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Anne Brooks

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| I was wondering if the red X has anything to do with Active X. I had
    >| to have active x to download virus scan from Mcafee.

    Nope. And if you're going to leave Active X functioning, you should install
    Spyware Blaster on your computer (install, update, run, then update and run
    regularly, just like antivirus). That will help protect you from malicious
    Active X code.

    In addition to your antivirus and Spyware Blaster, you should have Adaware
    and Spybot Search and Destroy on your computer to prevent adware and spyware
    too. Install, update and run those and it may help with your big red x
    problem. Then update and run them regularly - once or twice a month minimum.

    Spyware Blaster (Active X protection
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

    Adaware (antispyware)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Spybot Search and Destroy (antispyware)
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    (And please, don't put Re: in the subject line when you reply to posts - it
    messes with the sorting of message threads. Thanks!)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2004