    How about sending your images at around 1280 X 960 pixels, so we can
    appreciate the image quality of which the D3 is capable.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 27, 2008

  2. Bob Williams

    Noons Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote,on my timestamp of 27/05/2008 11:11 PM:

    >> As far as the image quality seen on our computer screen is concerned,
    >> you could just as well have taken the picture with a $150 P/S. camera.
    >> How about sending your images at around 1280 X 960 pixels, so we can
    >> appreciate the image quality of which the D3 is capable.

    > Thanks for the suggestion Bob. I'm not sure what I want to do yet in
    > respect to image size. Remember we are on the internet and most images
    > generally never exceed 800 x 800 and low density for obvious reasons.

    most folks who do photography on the net
    are on broadband anyway, so 1280X960 or thereabouts
    is no biggie. I'd really like to see some
    of your shots at that rez. With lcd monitors
    at up to 1920X1280 and such, 800X800 is reeeeeal
    small stuff.
    on the other hand, you use a lot more web
    space, so there...

    Noons, May 27, 2008

  3. Bob Williams

    Bob Williams Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Bob Williams wrote:
    >
    >>> Even big cats love posing for the D3.
    >>>
    >>> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/big_cat.htm>

    >> Rita,
    >> You pictures are pretty nice .....BUT.....the images are so small that
    >> there is no discernible detail in them.
    >> As far as the image quality seen on our computer screen is concerned,
    >> you could just as well have taken the picture with a $150 P/S. camera.
    >> How about sending your images at around 1280 X 960 pixels, so we can
    >> appreciate the image quality of which the D3 is capable.

    > Thanks for the suggestion Bob. I'm not sure what I want to do yet in
    > respect to image size. Remember we are on the internet and most images
    > generally never exceed 800 x 800 and low density for obvious reasons.
    >

    > Rita

    Whoops!
    Excusé Moi!
    I was looking at the smaller size image which I receive by default.
    I did not notice that I had the option of viewing the image at a larger
    size, i.e. 1024 x 768 pixels. (Dark Purple letters on a Black background
    does not exactly jump out at you.)
    But 1024 x 768 is a pretty decent size at least for my screen.
    Feel free to ignore my previous suggestion of posting at 1280 x 960
    OTOH, bigger always look better.
    Bob

    Bob Williams, May 28, 2008