Re: better to lower resolution or higher compression? I recommend high rez, by Eolake Stobblehouse

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Eolake Stobblehouse, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. > My question is....should I reduce the resolution to 1600x1200(2mp??) or take
    > the 2nd best compression (Fine) level?

    You clearly need to test, but I'd recommend the higher rez.
    I tested on my Nikon D100, and I found that I could barely tell any
    difference at all between the different compression levels, so I use
    the lowest!
    I print it out in A3 (about 12"x19" I think), and the quality is
    fantastic. I don't see any noise at all, and I am used to looking at
    pictures.

    Eolake Stobblehouse
    --
    http://stobblehouse.com <-- personal art/photos