Re: Best way to get large files from a friend?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Apr 10, 2013.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Jennifer
    Murphy <> wrote:

    > Is ther a file sharing service that will allow me to send a friend a
    > link where they can go to upload files to my account in the cloud
    > without having to join anything or install anything?

    there are *lots* of such services, such as yousendit, mediafire,
    rapidshare, fileserve and many others.

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services>

    nospam, Apr 10, 2013

  2. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Jennifer
    Murphy <> wrote:

    > >> Is ther a file sharing service that will allow me to send a friend a
    > >> link where they can go to upload files to my account in the cloud
    > >> without having to join anything or install anything?

    > >there are *lots* of such services, such as yousendit, mediafire,
    > >rapidshare, fileserve and many others.
    > >
    > ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services>

    > Yes, I know. I should have asked for recommendations from users whop
    > have one they love that works well and does not stoop to deceptive
    > shenanigans.

    i've used many of them at one time or another and there really isn't
    much difference, especially for smaller files.

    > One such shenanigan I have encountered is making the Download button for
    > the file you want very small and hard to find, but a spam Download
    > button (or 2 or 3) for some advertised product or service huge and
    > prominent hoping people will click on it by mistake. Another is placing
    > "opt in" choices in places that are easy to miss with the default set to
    > "on".

    if you want a free service, you have to deal with ads and the
    possibility of downloading stuff you don't want.

    some of those services have paid levels that eliminate the ads and
    other garbage.

    you may also be able to email the file directly, depending on how big
    it is and how big the sender's and recipient's isp allow. if it's too
    big for a single attachment, it can be split into smaller pieces and
    reassembled after receiving it.

    nospam, Apr 10, 2013