Re: Best way to connect a Cisco router to a Norstar Meridian

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Guest, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The MCK is the best solution but if the boss doesn't want to pay for it just
    remind him that he'll get what he pays for. And not to come banging on your
    door when it doesn't work well. Having said this, and with NO GUARANTY THAT
    IT WILL WORK FOR YOU, I have done just what you describe with the Norstar
    and it worked. Oddly, it never even came up. Maybe I was just lucky.

    There are a couple other ways to do this, both end up using trunks on the
    Norstar so the way the call is handled, and the user experience, is
    different. One is to use a T1 trunk on the Norstar and FXS on the far end.
    The other is to use analog E&M on the Norstar and FXS on the far end (the
    second one I haven't done but "should" work)

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

    Guest, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Guest

    Alec Waters Guest

    Hi RC,

    > Having said this, and with NO GUARANTY THAT
    > IT WILL WORK FOR YOU,

    Understood :)

    > I have done just what you describe with the Norstar
    > and it worked. Oddly, it never even came up. Maybe I was just lucky.

    Wow! What ATA boxes are you using - ATA or ATA-2?

    thanks a lot,
    alec

    Alec Waters, Apr 7, 2004