Re: best swordfight? Re: Did The Two Towers make anyone else motion sick?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by truegrit@my-deja.com, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Matthew Montchalin wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, T Reeves wrote:

    <snip>

    > Well, while we are on the topic, I am still busy collecting DVDs,
    > new and old. What movie has the best swordfight in it? Do you
    > prefer complicated maneuvers, steps, rolls, and leaps, or what?
    > Does the lighting have to change as the camera follows the

    combatants,
    > or should the lighting remain constant across the whole scene?
    > Does one character in particular have remarkable success in
    > dispatching the foes that he comes upon, and the maneuvers all
    > add up, somehow?

    <snip>

    Am I the only one who liked the swordfight(s) in Kill Bill?

    , Dec 13, 2004

  2. Wild Coyote Guest

    On 13 Dec 2004 14:11:57 -0800, wrote:

    >Matthew Montchalin wrote:
    >> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, T Reeves wrote:

    ><snip>
    >>
    >> Well, while we are on the topic, I am still busy collecting DVDs,
    >> new and old. What movie has the best swordfight in it? Do you
    >> prefer complicated maneuvers, steps, rolls, and leaps, or what?
    >> Does the lighting have to change as the camera follows the

    >combatants,
    >> or should the lighting remain constant across the whole scene?
    >> Does one character in particular have remarkable success in
    >> dispatching the foes that he comes upon, and the maneuvers all
    >> add up, somehow?
    >>

    ><snip>
    >
    >Am I the only one who liked the swordfight(s) in Kill Bill?

    No you are not. The best, The 3 & 4 Musketeers.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Einstine Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On 13 Dec 2004 14:11:57 -0800, wrote:
    >

    > >Matthew Montchalin wrote:
    > >> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, T Reeves wrote:

    > ><snip>
    > >>
    > >> Well, while we are on the topic, I am still busy collecting DVDs,
    > >> new and old. What movie has the best swordfight in it? Do you
    > >> prefer complicated maneuvers, steps, rolls, and leaps, or what?
    > >> Does the lighting have to change as the camera follows the

    > >combatants,
    > >> or should the lighting remain constant across the whole scene?
    > >> Does one character in particular have remarkable success in
    > >> dispatching the foes that he comes upon, and the maneuvers all
    > >> add up, somehow?
    > >>

    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >Am I the only one who liked the swordfight(s) in Kill Bill?

    > No you are not. The best, The 3 & 4 Musketeers.

    The best? The Princess Bride, where Westley takes on Inigo Montoya.

    Einstine, Dec 20, 2004