Re: Best quiet SATA 7200rpm drive for RAID1

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert Davies, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Seagate 7200.7 serial ata drives is what i reccomend!

    "Metaphoid" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking to buy a couple of 80Gb-120Gb drives to set up in a RAID1

    array
    > on a SerialATA controller. It's obviously going to be considerably faster
    > than a normal IDE single drive setup, so my main concerns are quietness

    and
    > reliability. Seeing as Barracuda 4s are just about impossible to find out
    > here these days, what else do people recommend that will meet my

    criterial.

    Robert Davies, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Robert Davies

    Jaime Guest

    > Seagate 7200.7 serial ata drives is what i reccomend!

    I found the seek noise to be quite loud, and theres no support on the 7200.7
    for amm. The drive the OP probably wants is a barracuda V 120gb sata.

    Jaime
    Jaime, Jul 10, 2003