Re: Best online retailer?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Mar 4, 2009.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:14:08 -0600, Unglued <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
    >for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
    >retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
    >
    >What are the favorites in this group?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Any of these: Adorama, Abe's of Maine, B&H, or Ritz.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 4, 2009

  2. tony cooper

    Don Stauffer Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:14:08 -0600, Unglued <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
    >> for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
    >> retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
    >>
    >> What are the favorites in this group?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > Any of these: Adorama, Abe's of Maine, B&H, or Ritz.

    We just read yesterday that Ritz may be going under :-(

    Don Stauffer, Mar 4, 2009

  3. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:26:42 -0600, Don Stauffer
    <> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:14:08 -0600, Unglued <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
    >>> for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
    >>> retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
    >>>
    >>> What are the favorites in this group?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    >> Any of these: Adorama, Abe's of Maine, B&H, or Ritz.
    >>

    >We just read yesterday that Ritz may be going under :-(

    Ritz has filed for Chapter 11. That allows them to continue to do
    business. It shouldn't really affect a would-be purchaser of a
    camera. Any long term warranty is a warranty of the camera's US
    distributor.

    In most cases, if the supplier has the camera in stock, at a good
    price, and ships it...the dealer's future has little bearing on the
    purchase. Actually, this would be the time to look for good deals at
    Ritz.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 4, 2009