Re: Best Camera For Under 1000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JK, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    $1000 for everything? Figure the cost for extra memory cards, rechargeable
    batteries, a card reader, and perhaps a case for the camera. Do you want
    to shoot indoors without a flash or tripod? In that case, you need a camera
    with a very fast lens. A Sony F717, Olympus C5050, Canon G3, g4, or G5
    would fit that category. Only the C5050 takes AA batteries though. The
    C5050 comes with a charger and 4 nimh rechargeable batteries. Extra
    sets of AA nimh rechargeable batteries are inexpensive. The C5050
    takes Compact flash(plus Smart Media and XD cards). The Canons
    also take inexpensive Compact flash, while the Sony takes expensive
    Memory Sticks. If you want interchangeable lenses, figure on raising
    your budget to $2000 or more. The C5050 looks like a good choice
    overall, except that the zoom is only 35-105 mm equivalent. The lens
    is f1.8-2.6 though, which is great for shooting in low light.

    JK, Jul 20, 2003