Re: Best Buy Price Matching Takes A Dump

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by frank & stein, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Best Buy appears to be so embarrased by it's crummy price match policy, I
    can't even find it on their web site. No, they don't match Internet ads,
    even from local retailers. No, they don't even match their own Internet
    prices (what a joke). Kudos to Circuit City- their price matching policy is
    clear and upfront, including this excerpt:

    Advertised price - Any printed or electronically broadcast price that is
    verifiable and made available to the general public.

    Circuit City, you've won me back. Best Buy, take a hike.

    "FredBillie" <> wrote in message
    > << Subject: Re: Best Buy Price Matching Takes A Dump
    > From: "robert simson" se
    > Date: Sat, Aug 9, 2003 2:47 PM
    >
    > Part Of A Grand Experiment-
    >
    > Can Best Buy Survive Without Price Matching And By Charging Retail Prices
    > ???
    > >>

    > Well in a Houston, Texas TV News there was a story about a best Buy

    customer
    > suing Best Buy because they bought a camcorder for their daughter and it

    had a

    frank & stein, Aug 10, 2003

  2. frank & stein

    JK Guest

    frank & stein wrote:

    > Best Buy appears to be so embarrased by it's crummy price match policy, I
    > can't even find it on their web site. No, they don't match Internet ads,
    > even from local retailers. No, they don't even match their own Internet
    > prices (what a joke). Kudos to Circuit City- their price matching policy is
    > clear and upfront, including this excerpt:
    >
    > Advertised price - Any printed or electronically broadcast price that is
    > verifiable and made available to the general public.

    What a joke. Now with MAP agreements in many instances, one will
    not see low advertised prices as they did in the past. Some of the
    lower priced stores either don't advertise at all, or if they do advertise,
    there will be very few or no prices in the ads.

    > Circuit City, you've won me back. Best Buy, take a hike.

    I usually try to avoid buying from either of them. Once in a while
    Best Buy has a decent special, and I will buy one of their items
    that is on sale at a good price. Other than that, I can usually
    find a lower price elsewhere.

    JK, Aug 10, 2003