Re: Bear Grylls

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DAB, Oct 11, 2009.

  1. DAB

    DAB Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:08:05 +0100, ~BD~
    > <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk>wrote:
    >
    >> Bear is a man who has always loved adventure. After breaking his
    >> back in three places in a parachuting accident, he fought his way to
    >> recovery, and two years later entered the Guinness Book of Records
    >> as the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest, aged only 23. He has
    >> since led ground-breaking expeditions across the world.
    >>
    >> But for Bear, it is not just about pushing his limits. It?s about
    >> overcoming challenges, and living your dreams. This belief, and
    >> Bear?s gift for communication, have led him to become a world class
    >> motivational speaker, author and tv host.
    >>
    >> Bear's passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors are now shared and
    >> enjoyed through his TV programmes in over 150 different countries,
    >> reaching over one billion people worldwide.
    >>
    >> By combining his adventures with media work, Bear realised that he
    >> could also support and raise money for those causes closest to his
    >> heart. These have included charities that encourage young people to
    >> overcome some of life's biggest challenges, many different children's
    >> organisations, as well as the Armed Forces? charity SSAFA Forces
    >> Help, reflecting his own military service with the UK Special
    >> Forces, as part of 21 SAS.
    >>
    >> Ref: His web site, here: http://www.beargrylls.com/
    >>
    >> **
    >>
    >> Why do I mention him?
    >>
    >> Because he *stars* in the promotion here:- http://www.alpha.org/bear/
    >>
    >> Please watch it - it has *nothing* to do with computers! ;)

    > **** Bear Grylls. Bring back the real deal Survivorman Les Stroud. And
    > what about the dood that was dumped in the Yukon for 3 months Ed
    > Wardle in Alone in the Wild?

    Isn't Bear the sexy guy that was in the Lora Croft movie......I think it was
    called the Cradle of Life?

    DAB, Oct 11, 2009

  2. DAB

    DAB Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:11:20 -0400, "DAB" <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> **** Bear Grylls. Bring back the real deal Survivorman Les Stroud.
    >>> And what about the dood that was dumped in the Yukon for 3 months
    >>> Ed Wardle in Alone in the Wild?

    >> Isn't Bear the sexy guy that was in the Lora Croft movie......I
    >> think it was called the Cradle of Life?

    > Saw the movie but didn't move my eyes much from Angelina Jolie. Didn't
    > see Bear in the credits:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cradle_of_Life#Cast
    >
    > You might be thinking of Gerard Butler who looks a little like Bear.
    >
    > Oh and it turns out that Ed Wardle pussied out after 50 days alone in
    > the Yukon. Didn't have the skills to procure enough food for his
    > sustenance. But had he been allowed to hunt moose and had duck season
    > been in a couple weeks earlier I think he would have made it the full
    > 90 days. Poor guy went fucking mad from starvation.

    Hummm ok they kinda have the same accent too.....the guy in Cradle had a
    scar on his upper lip...coulda been makeup. So there are 2 guys that are
    hot ;-)

    Now a really hot guy IMO was Spike from the Buffy Show.

    I really liked the movies and was hoping Jolie would do a 3rd one.

    DAB, Oct 12, 2009

  3. DAB

    DAB Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:10:03 -0400, "DAB" <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Saw the movie but didn't move my eyes much from Angelina Jolie.
    >>> Didn't see Bear in the credits:
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cradle_of_Life#Cast
    >>>
    >>> You might be thinking of Gerard Butler who looks a little like Bear.
    >>>
    >>> Oh and it turns out that Ed Wardle pussied out after 50 days alone
    >>> in the Yukon. Didn't have the skills to procure enough food for his
    >>> sustenance. But had he been allowed to hunt moose and had duck
    >>> season been in a couple weeks earlier I think he would have made it
    >>> the full 90 days. Poor guy went fucking mad from starvation.

    >> Hummm ok they kinda have the same accent too.....the guy in Cradle
    >> had a scar on his upper lip...coulda been makeup. So there are 2
    >> guys that are hot ;-)
    >>
    >> Now a really hot guy IMO was Spike from the Buffy Show.
    >>
    >> I really liked the movies and was hoping Jolie would do a 3rd one.
    >>

    > I never watched Buffy the series and the movie had a different cast
    > altogether IIRC.

    The movie sucked but the series held my attention, I missed the show when it
    was in it's prime and now have the complete DVD series, also Angel.

    DAB, Oct 13, 2009
  4. DAB

    DAB Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > DAB wrote:
    >
    >> Hummm ok they kinda have the same accent too.....the guy in Cradle
    >> had a scar on his upper lip...coulda been makeup. So there are 2
    >> guys that are hot ;-)
    >>
    >> Now a really hot guy IMO was Spike from the Buffy Show.
    >>
    >> I really liked the movies and was hoping Jolie would do a 3rd one.
    >>

    > I found something especially for the Queen. :)
    >
    > A bit of a tall story, though!
    >
    > http://www.funnyplace.org/stream.php?id=12940
    >
    > Enjoy!

    I don't click links.

    DAB, Oct 13, 2009
  5. DAB

    DAB Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > DAB wrote:
    >> ~BD~ wrote:

    >>> I found something especially for the Queen. :)
    >>>
    >>> A bit of a tall story, though!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.funnyplace.org/stream.php?id=12940
    >>>
    >>> Enjoy!

    >> I don't click links.
    >>

    > That is very sensible! You *can* copy and paste it into your browser.
    >
    > I don't know any other way of directing you to a video clip (which I
    > hoped you would enjoy)
    >
    > Maybe someone else will watch it and report their findings.

    don't vids or facebook or any other moving picture sites.

    DAB, Oct 14, 2009
  6. DAB

    DAB Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:01:55 -0400, "DAB" <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> I never watched Buffy the series and the movie had a different cast
    >>> altogether IIRC.

    >> The movie sucked but the series held my attention, I missed the show
    >> when it was in it's prime and now have the complete DVD series, also
    >> Angel.
    >>

    > I would have probably watched a couple of those but it was before I
    > got a DVR and could blast through commercials. I mostly watch the
    > history, military, national geographic, the learning, discovery,
    > science, history international, discovery investigation, bio, vh1
    > classic, tru tv and discovery health channels. I scan through the dvr
    > service program guide (like Tivo) and select stuff to record for the
    > next evening as I watch nothing unless I can skip the commercials.
    > I'm really deeply disturbed about the absolute indignity and insulting
    > content of today's commercials.

    Your list is close to mine ;-) other then I am a die hard sci fi fan. Also
    the Bridezilla show is pretty damn funny. The comms they show after midnite
    are disgusting....I like all the Geico commercials though. I must confess
    to liking the reality shows Wipeout, I survived a Jap game show, Survivor
    [there is a real dickhead on this year, says he owns a Oil co.] and The
    amazing race.

    DAB, Oct 14, 2009
  7. DAB

    DAB Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:58:22 -0400, "DAB" <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> I would have probably watched a couple of those but it was before I
    >>> got a DVR and could blast through commercials. I mostly watch the
    >>> history, military, national geographic, the learning, discovery,
    >>> science, history international, discovery investigation, bio, vh1
    >>> classic, tru tv and discovery health channels. I scan through the
    >>> dvr service program guide (like Tivo) and select stuff to record
    >>> for the next evening as I watch nothing unless I can skip the
    >>> commercials. I'm really deeply disturbed about the absolute
    >>> indignity and insulting content of today's commercials.

    >> Your list is close to mine ;-) other then I am a die hard sci fi
    >> fan. Also the Bridezilla show is pretty damn funny. The comms they
    >> show after midnite are disgusting....I like all the Geico
    >> commercials though. I must confess to liking the reality shows
    >> Wipeout, I survived a Jap game show, Survivor [there is a real
    >> dickhead on this year, says he owns a Oil co.] and The amazing race.
    >>

    > I have watched SciFi. And the only commercial I kinda get a chuckle
    > out of is the Geico Caveman. The one with 3 Doors Down music and the
    > one where they are bowling. The rest especially the eyes on a stack of
    > money make me want to shoot my TV.

    LOL I think the money d00d is cute. I watched the caveman TV series while
    it lasted and was disappointed......the main guy in the commercials was
    missing....not sure why cause he is the main draw IMO.

    DAB, Oct 14, 2009
  8. DAB

    DAB Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:17:28 -0400, "DAB" <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> I have watched SciFi. And the only commercial I kinda get a chuckle
    >>> out of is the Geico Caveman. The one with 3 Doors Down music and the
    >>> one where they are bowling. The rest especially the eyes on a stack
    >>> of money make me want to shoot my TV.

    >> LOL I think the money d00d is cute. I watched the caveman TV series
    >> while it lasted and was disappointed......the main guy in the
    >> commercials was missing....not sure why cause he is the main draw
    >> IMO.
    >>

    > Obviously we have different tastes in humor. Not a problem, thats what
    > makes the world go around.

    LOL yes it does ;-)

    DAB, Oct 15, 2009