Re: Bear Grylls

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Oct 10, 2009.

  1. In message <>, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:08:05 +0100, ~BD~
    > <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk>wrote:
    >
    > >Bear is a man who has always loved adventure. After breaking his back in
    > >three places in a parachuting accident, he fought his way to recovery,
    > >and two years later entered the Guinness Book of Records as the youngest
    > >Briton to climb Mount Everest, aged only 23. He has since led
    > >ground-breaking expeditions across the world.
    > >
    > >But for Bear, it is not just about pushing his limits. It?s about
    > >overcoming challenges, and living your dreams. This belief, and Bear?s
    > >gift for communication, have led him to become a world class
    > >motivational speaker, author and tv host.
    > >
    > >Bear's passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors are now shared and
    > >enjoyed through his TV programmes in over 150 different countries,
    > >reaching over one billion people worldwide.
    > >
    > >By combining his adventures with media work, Bear realised that he could
    > >also support and raise money for those causes closest to his heart.
    > >These have included charities that encourage young people to overcome
    > >some of life's biggest challenges, many different children's
    > >organisations, as well as the Armed Forces? charity SSAFA Forces Help,
    > >reflecting his own military service with the UK Special Forces, as part
    > >of 21 SAS.
    > >
    > >Ref: His web site, here: http://www.beargrylls.com/
    > >
    > >**
    > >
    > >Why do I mention him?
    > >
    > >Because he *stars* in the promotion here:- http://www.alpha.org/bear/
    > >
    > >Please watch it - it has *nothing* to do with computers! ;)

    > **** Bear Grylls. Bring back the real deal Survivorman Les Stroud. And
    > what about the dood that was dumped in the Yukon for 3 months Ed
    > Wardle in Alone in the Wild?

    I liked the epsode wher e BEar was climbing up a waterfall in africa and got
    the screaming shits.
    Now *thats* entertainment!

    ^_^

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 10, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    DAB Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > In message <>, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:08:05 +0100, ~BD~
    >> <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk>wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bear is a man who has always loved adventure. After breaking his
    >>> back in three places in a parachuting accident, he fought his way
    >>> to recovery, and two years later entered the Guinness Book of
    >>> Records as the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest, aged only
    >>> 23. He has since led ground-breaking expeditions across the world.
    >>>
    >>> But for Bear, it is not just about pushing his limits. It?s about
    >>> overcoming challenges, and living your dreams. This belief, and
    >>> Bear?s gift for communication, have led him to become a world class
    >>> motivational speaker, author and tv host.
    >>>
    >>> Bear's passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors are now shared and
    >>> enjoyed through his TV programmes in over 150 different countries,
    >>> reaching over one billion people worldwide.
    >>>
    >>> By combining his adventures with media work, Bear realised that he
    >>> could also support and raise money for those causes closest to his
    >>> heart. These have included charities that encourage young people to
    >>> overcome some of life's biggest challenges, many different
    >>> children's organisations, as well as the Armed Forces? charity
    >>> SSAFA Forces Help, reflecting his own military service with the UK
    >>> Special Forces, as part of 21 SAS.
    >>>
    >>> Ref: His web site, here: http://www.beargrylls.com/
    >>>
    >>> **
    >>>
    >>> Why do I mention him?
    >>>
    >>> Because he *stars* in the promotion here:-
    >>> http://www.alpha.org/bear/
    >>>
    >>> Please watch it - it has *nothing* to do with computers! ;)

    >> **** Bear Grylls. Bring back the real deal Survivorman Les Stroud.
    >> And what about the dood that was dumped in the Yukon for 3 months
    >> Ed Wardle in Alone in the Wild?

    > I liked the epsode wher e BEar was climbing up a waterfall in africa
    > and got the screaming shits.
    > Now *thats* entertainment!
    >
    > ^_^

    LOL I missed that one.

    DAB, Oct 11, 2009

  3. §ñühw¤£f

    Eagle Guest

    "~BD~" <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> I liked the epsode where Bear was climbing up a waterfall in africa and
    >> got
    >> the screaming shits.
    >> Now *thats* entertainment!
    >>
    >> ^_^
    >>

    > You are probably confusing that, with this .......
    > http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/man-vs-wild-filming-bear-grylls.html

    MAN! THAT was quite the jump!

    Eagle

    Eagle, Oct 11, 2009
  4. On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile of:

    > §ñühw€£f wrote:
    >> In message <>, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> **** Bear Grylls. Bring back the real deal Survivorman Les Stroud.
    >>> And what about the dood that was dumped in the Yukon for 3 months
    >>> Ed Wardle in Alone in the Wild?

    >> I liked the epsode wher e BEar was climbing up a waterfall in africa
    >> and got the screaming shits.
    >> Now *thats* entertainment!
    >>
    >> ^_^

    > LOL I missed that one.

    The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook them or
    something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a waterfall hes
    climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away from him and he
    proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff, while we hear him
    appologise.
    Fucking hilarious.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 12, 2009
  5. §ñühw¤£f

    DAB Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile
    > of:
    >
    >> §ñühw?£f wrote:

    >>> I liked the epsode wher e BEar was climbing up a waterfall in africa
    >>> and got the screaming shits.
    >>> Now *thats* entertainment!
    >>>
    >>> ^_^

    >> LOL I missed that one.

    > The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook
    > them or something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a
    > waterfall hes climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away
    > from him and he proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff, while
    > we hear him appologise.
    > Fucking hilarious.
    >
    > ^_^

    LOL did they leave in the sound effects ;-)

    DAB, Oct 13, 2009
  6. §ñühw¤£f

    Eagle Guest

    "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile of:
    >
    >> §ñühw?£f wrote:

    >>> I liked the epsode wher e BEar was climbing up a waterfall in africa
    >>> and got the screaming shits.
    >>> Now *thats* entertainment!
    >>>
    >>> ^_^

    >> LOL I missed that one.

    > The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook them or
    > something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a waterfall hes
    > climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away from him and he
    > proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff, while we hear him
    > appologise.
    > Fucking hilarious.
    >
    > ^_^

    Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?

    Eagle, Oct 13, 2009
  7. §ñühw¤£f

    Gordon Guest

    Eagle wrote:
    > "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL I missed that one.

    >> The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook them or
    >> something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a waterfall hes
    >> climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away from him and he
    >> proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff, while we hear him
    >> appologise.
    >> Fucking hilarious.
    >>
    >> ^_^

    > Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?

    Err I wouldn't call an ex-SAS man a "goof".........presumably you all
    know what the SAS are?

    Gordon, Oct 13, 2009
  8. Gordon wrote:
    > Eagle wrote:
    >> "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile of:

    >>> The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook
    >>> them or
    >>> something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a waterfall hes
    >>> climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away from him and he
    >>> proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff, while we hear him
    >>> appologise.
    >>> Fucking hilarious.
    >>>
    >>> ^_^

    >> Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?
    >>

    > Err I wouldn't call an ex-SAS man a "goof".........presumably you all
    > know what the SAS are?

    1337 arm of the air divison of the UK's special forces.
    So they're like special ed,huh?
    ;)
    Naw, j/k. Why'd the tosser quit em?

    SηuhW∅ζƒ, Oct 13, 2009
  9. §ñühw¤£f

    DAB Guest

    Eagle wrote:
    > "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile
    >> of:

    >>> LOL I missed that one.

    >> The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook
    >> them or something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a
    >> waterfall hes climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away
    >> from him and he proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff,
    >> while we hear him appologise.
    >> Fucking hilarious.
    >>
    >> ^_^

    > Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?

    snicker....you just hope to catch a look-n-see of his bare ass........;-)

    DAB, Oct 14, 2009
  10. §ñühw¤£f

    Eagle Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Eagle wrote:
    >> "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile of:

    >>> The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook them
    >>> or
    >>> something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a waterfall hes
    >>> climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away from him and he
    >>> proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff, while we hear him
    >>> appologise.
    >>> Fucking hilarious.
    >>>
    >>> ^_^

    >> Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?
    >>

    > Err I wouldn't call an ex-SAS man a "goof".........presumably you all know
    > what the SAS are?

    Yup!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service

    Eagle, Oct 14, 2009
  11. §ñühw¤£f

    Eagle Guest

    "DAB" <> wrote in message
    > Eagle wrote:
    >> "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0400, DAB pinched out a steaming pile
    >>> of:

    >>> The goof eats some bugs and warns the veiwer that you should cook
    >>> them or something. Hours later hes dropping his pants halfway up a
    >>> waterfall hes climbing for no-apparent-reason. The camera cuts away
    >>> from him and he proceeds to take a dump on the side of a cliff,
    >>> while we hear him appologise.
    >>> Fucking hilarious.
    >>>
    >>> ^_^

    >> Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?

    > snicker....you just hope to catch a look-n-see of his bare ass........;-)

    Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the middle
    of a shoot!

    Eagle, Oct 14, 2009
  12. §ñühw¤£f

    Gordon Guest

    Eagle wrote:
    ..;-)

    > Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the middle
    > of a shoot!

    As an ex-SAS man he's got more "balls" than the whole of the Marine
    Corps - and as an ex Commando trained Royal Engineer I can tell you that
    that is FACT....

    Gordon, Oct 14, 2009
  13. §ñühw¤£f

    Gordon Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Eagle wrote:
    >> .;-)
    >>>>
    >>> Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the
    >>> middle of a shoot!
    >>>

    >> As an ex-SAS man he's got more "balls" than the whole of the Marine
    >> Corps - and as an ex Commando trained Royal Engineer I can tell you
    >> that that is FACT....

    > Long story short (but true!)
    >
    > I have a friend who was a Captain in the Royal Marines. On a training
    > exercise, he arose one morning and disappeared into the woods for his
    > morning dump. He dug a shallow hole and duly squatted. When he'd
    > finished, he stood up and, like everyone does, I'm fairly sure, looked
    > back to view the fruits of his labour, so to speak, before covering up
    > with soil. Zounds! Crikey! What?!! *No* poo! ??? Just imagine how he felt!
    >
    > One of his men had followed him and gently slid a spade between his
    > officer's bum and the ground, caught the poo on the spade, withdrew same
    > and then silently disappeared without being seen or heard.
    >
    > The SAS guys can do this too! ;)

    That's no story - I've seen it done as well!

    Gordon, Oct 14, 2009
  14. §ñühw¤£f

    DAB Guest

    Eagle wrote:
    > "DAB" <> wrote in message
    >> Eagle wrote:
    >>> "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message

    >>> Oh I have GOT to see that one! What was the name of that episode?

    >> snicker....you just hope to catch a look-n-see of his bare
    >> ass........;-)

    > Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the
    > middle of a shoot!

    OK sure I believe you!

    DAB, Oct 14, 2009
  15. §ñühw¤£f

    Eagle Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Eagle wrote:
    > .;-)
    >>>

    >> Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the
    >> middle of a shoot!
    >>

    > As an ex-SAS man he's got more "balls" than the whole of the Marine
    > Corps - and as an ex Commando trained Royal Engineer I can tell you that
    > that is FACT....

    You've been into the morphine again, Morgan. The SAS people train here in
    the US with Navy SEALS so they don't catch cold when they have to go
    swimming.
    Who are the "royal engineers"? The Queens train robbers?

    Eagle, Oct 14, 2009
  16. §ñühw¤£f

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Eagle wrote:
    >> .;-)
    >>>>
    >>> Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the
    >>> middle of a shoot!
    >>>

    >> As an ex-SAS man he's got more "balls" than the whole of the Marine
    >> Corps - and as an ex Commando trained Royal Engineer I can tell you that
    >> that is FACT....

    > Long story short (but true!)
    >
    > I have a friend who was a Captain in the Royal Marines. On a training
    > exercise, he arose one morning and disappeared into the woods for his
    > morning dump. He dug a shallow hole and duly squatted. When he'd finished,
    > he stood up and, like everyone does, I'm fairly sure, looked back to view
    > the fruits of his labour, so to speak, before covering up with soil.
    > Zounds! Crikey! What?!! *No* poo! ??? Just imagine how he felt!
    >
    > One of his men had followed him and gently slid a spade between his
    > officer's bum and the ground, caught the poo on the spade, withdrew same
    > and then silently disappeared without being seen or heard.
    >
    > The SAS guys can do this too! ;)
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    Dinner for his troops?

    Eagle, Oct 14, 2009
  17. §ñühw¤£f

    Gordon Guest

    Eagle wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Eagle wrote:
    >> .;-)
    >>> Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the
    >>> middle of a shoot!
    >>>

    >> As an ex-SAS man he's got more "balls" than the whole of the Marine
    >> Corps - and as an ex Commando trained Royal Engineer I can tell you that
    >> that is FACT....

    > You've been into the morphine again, Morgan. The SAS people train here in
    > the US with Navy SEALS

    "With" not "trained by" and that's only Boat Troop.

    > Who are the "royal engineers"?

    Soldiers who are not just soldiers in the best army in the world, but
    ALSO do bridge-building, demolitions, minefield laying and clearing,
    obstacle creation and breaching. All these often in advance of the main
    body...

    http://www.army.mod.uk/royalengineers/

    Gordon, Oct 14, 2009
  18. Gordon wrote:
    > Eagle wrote:
    > .;-)
    >>>

    >> Naa...I want to see if he really had the balls to take a dump in the
    >> middle of a shoot!
    >>

    > As an ex-SAS man he's got more "balls" than the whole of the Marine
    > Corps - and as an ex Commando trained Royal Engineer I can tell you that
    > that is FACT....

    Why is it that some boys never grow up?
    They just want to keep playing "Army Man".
    Hmmm...

    SηuhW∅ζƒ, Oct 14, 2009
  19. §ñühw¤£f

    Gordon Guest

    SηuhW∅ζƒ wrote:

    > Why is it that some boys never grow up?
    > They just want to keep playing "Army Man".
    > Hmmm...

    Once you've been in, it's extraordinary difficult to adjust to civvy
    street - I'm still adjusting after 20 years....

    Gordon, Oct 14, 2009
  20. In message <>, Gordon wrote:
    > SηuhW∅ζƒ wrote:
    >

    > > Why is it that some boys never grow up?
    > > They just want to keep playing "Army Man".
    > > Hmmm...
    > >

    > Once you've been in, it's extraordinary difficult to adjust to civvy
    > street - I'm still adjusting after 20 years....

    They have drugs for that.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 14, 2009