Re: Bear Grylls

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Dean, Oct 10, 2009.

  1. John Dean

    John Dean Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Bear is a man who has always loved adventure.

    Eddie Grylls (as his family mostly call him) is a bit of a bullshitter and
    has been known to spend his nights in luxury accommodation while claiming to
    be "stranded alone in the wild" not to mention getting off camera assistance
    for his "amazing survival skills":

    > After breaking his back

    Or "crushing three vertebrae" as we mostly call it

    > in three places in a parachuting accident, he fought his way to
    > recovery, and two years later entered the Guinness Book of Records as
    > the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest, aged only 23.

    By mistake, of course, since the youngest Briton was James Allen who did it
    three years before Eddie at a year younger.

    > Why do I mention him?

    Dunno. Are you being paid?
    --
    John Dean
    Oxford

    John Dean, Oct 10, 2009

  2. Or "crushing three vertebrae" as we mostly call it<<<<<<<<

    My wife crushed the top lumbar vertebrae of her back, 2 years ago.
    This is the operation that she had. (but her Dr. put 2 needles in, one on
    each side of the vertebrae)
    After the operation, the Dr. came in the waiting room with a smile on his
    face and said "12 minutes".
    I asked what that meant and he said "that's how long it took us to fix her
    back......12 minutes".
    The bone cement had set up by the time she came to, so there was no recovery
    period.
    When she woke up, she was completely fixed.
    Just amazing !!!

    http://www.kyphon.com/us/Physician.aspx?contentid=60&siteid=1

    --
    JerryD(upstateNY)