Re: Battle of the Planets "Ultimate DVD Box Set"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Hawk-Thorn, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Hawk-Thorn

    Hawk-Thorn Guest

    Wellll... The Rhino site now has the specs up - and it appears as though
    it IS the next 12 episodes(13-24). Yeah!

    Hawk-Thorn, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Hawk-Thorn

    Doonie Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 02:14:17 GMT, Hawk-Thorn wrote:

    >Wellll... The Rhino site now has the specs up - and it appears as though
    >it IS the next 12 episodes(13-24). Yeah!

    Are the first 12 episodes available in a boxed set?
    Doonie, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Hawk-Thorn

    Hawk-Thorn Guest

    Doonie wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 02:14:17 GMT, Hawk-Thorn wrote:
    >
    > >Wellll... The Rhino site now has the specs up - and it appears as though
    > >it IS the next 12 episodes(13-24). Yeah!

    > Are the first 12 episodes available in a boxed set?

    Nope - Just stand alone "Volume" DVDs (1-6).

    Very nicely done, though - each has 2 episodes of BOTP, the 2
    corresponding original "Gatchaman" episodes (best part of the DVDs!) and
    1 corresponding "G-Force" (ala Turner) episode.

    (Sorry for the run-down if you already knew all that! :)
    Hawk-Thorn, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Hawk-Thorn

    Tarford Guest

    >Wellll... The Rhino site now has the specs up - and it appears as though
    >it IS the next 12 episodes(13-24). Yeah!
    >

    >Tarford wrote:
    >>
    >> Unfortunately "yes". I say unfortunate since it would be much better, in my
    >> opinion, if they would move on and put out other episodes.

    I stand corrected AND HAPPILY SO! YEAH, INDEED!
    Tarford, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Hawk-Thorn

    Evil Guest

    Doonie <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 02:14:17 GMT, Hawk-Thorn wrote:
    >
    > >Wellll... The Rhino site now has the specs up - and it appears as though
    > >it IS the next 12 episodes(13-24). Yeah!

    > Are the first 12 episodes available in a boxed set?

    i just went to the RHINO site
    (http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=970218) and i
    only see 2 dvd boxsets for episodes 1-12. 1 set has a "Jason Toy"
    ($69.95) and one doesn't ($59.95); i didn't see a boxset for 13-24.
    Evil, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Hawk-Thorn

    Hawk-Thorn Guest

    Evil wrote:

    > i just went to the RHINO site
    > (http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=970218) and i
    > only see 2 dvd boxsets for episodes 1-12. 1 set has a "Jason Toy"
    > ($69.95) and one doesn't ($59.95); i didn't see a boxset for 13-24.

    ....the episode numbers they list are relative to the box set itself -
    NOT actual episode numbers.

    For example - "Perilous Pleasure Cruise" is (I believe) the "real" 13th
    episode - despite being the 1st episode listed in the boxed set.

    - Contrast and compare them to the line-ups on the "Volume" discs...

    -HT-
    Hawk-Thorn, Sep 13, 2003
  7. According to the episode names in the two box sets descriptions the 12
    episodes included aren't the same 12 that have been previously
    released on six seperate dvds so they must be 13-24. Hopefully a
    local B&M will stock this so I can examine the box more closely before
    purchasing. Store sites I've visted so far were so vague in their
    description of what the episodes might be that I just assume is was
    the first 12 episodes again, this time in a box set with or with out
    the jason toy.

    Joseph Phillips, Sep 13, 2003