Re: "Battle of the Bulge" COMPLETE!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Film Buff, May 6, 2005.

  1. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Picked this up today and it is the ROADSHOW EDITION COMPLETE!
    Running time is 170 mins.!!!
    I still have my old laserdisc and compared it to the new DVD and there
    were scenes cut on the laserdisc to give the running time at 156 mins.
    One scene in the beginning at German Headquarters where Robert Shaw
    and Werner Peters are talking to Ty Hardin about infiltrating American
    lines disguised as American soldiers was missing from the laserdisc
    and VHS tape but IS ON THE DVD!!!

    Just thought I would pass this along

    It is really a shame that M-G-M/SONY cannot release the ROADSHOW
    versions of "The Alamo", "Hawaii", and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad
    World"

    I am glad I still have my laserdiscs (COMPLETE) of these films.

    I hate to see what they are going to do to "Mutiny on the Bounty",
    "Grand Prix", "The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm", "The Shoes
    of the Fisherman" and "Raintree County".

    They all will probably be butchered like "Hawaii"

    Film Buff, May 6, 2005

  2. Film Buff

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    > Picked this up today and it is the ROADSHOW EDITION COMPLETE!
    > Running time is 170 mins.!!!
    > I still have my old laserdisc and compared it to the new DVD and there
    > were scenes cut on the laserdisc to give the running time at 156 mins.
    > One scene in the beginning at German Headquarters where Robert Shaw
    > and Werner Peters are talking to Ty Hardin about infiltrating American
    > lines disguised as American soldiers was missing from the laserdisc
    > and VHS tape but IS ON THE DVD!!!
    >
    > Just thought I would pass this along
    >
    > It is really a shame that M-G-M/SONY cannot release the ROADSHOW
    > versions of "The Alamo", "Hawaii", and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad
    > World"
    >
    > I am glad I still have my laserdiscs (COMPLETE) of these films.
    >
    > I hate to see what they are going to do to "Mutiny on the Bounty",
    > "Grand Prix", "The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm", "The Shoes
    > of the Fisherman" and "Raintree County".
    >
    > They all will probably be butchered like "Hawaii"

    I watched Battle of the Bulge last night. It has always been a guilty
    pleasure of mine and the DVD is fantastic.

    Jay Stewart, May 6, 2005

  3. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote:

    > It is really a shame that M-G-M/SONY cannot release the ROADSHOW
    > versions of "The Alamo", "Hawaii", and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad
    > World"
    >
    > I am glad I still have my laserdiscs (COMPLETE) of these films.
    >
    > I hate to see what they are going to do to "Mutiny on the Bounty",
    > "Grand Prix", "The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm", "The Shoes
    > of the Fisherman" and "Raintree County".
    >
    > They all will probably be butchered like "Hawaii"

    No, they won't. Because MGM doesn't own them. Warner owns, with very few
    exceptions, all films released by MGM prior to 1986. The exceptions are films
    that were owned by the original production companies and just distributed by
    MGM, such as those from Filmways.

    Warner definitely owns the rights to BOUNTY, PRIX, FISHERMAN, and RAINTREE. I'm
    not positive about GRIMM, but I think Warner owns that, too.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 8, 2005