Re: Battery question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ron, Oct 16, 2012.

  1. Ron

    Ron Guest

    wrote in message news:...

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:50:50 -0400, wrote:

    >I'm looking at two digital camers, a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and a
    >FinePix
    >HS25EXR. Almost identical cameras with a few minor (to me anyway)
    >differences.
    >But the big one I'm trying to decide is 4 AA batteris in the FinePix
    >HS25EXR
    >versus am Li-ion battery in the FinePix HS30EXR. My first thought was that
    >the
    >AA batteries would be easy to replace when I needed them, especially if I
    >was on
    >the road. I can easily buy them. Camera supposedly gets 35o shots out of
    >the
    >batteries. The Li-ion supposedly gets 600 shots. But of course, it has to
    >then
    >be recharged, Any thoughts as to which power supply is the better? Thanks.

    How long should a spare battery, or even a battery in a camera which has
    been
    turned of and unused for a while, hold it's charge? Can I count on a spare
    battery being ready to go when I need it?

    +++++++++
    I have Li-ion batteries that still have a charge after setting unused in the
    camera for 2-3 months. When not used they hold their charge much better
    than other rechargeable batteries. Non OEM Li-ion batteries are available
    and the prices are all over the scale. The cheapest one are just that cheap
    and not worth buying. I have had good luck with non OEM batteries that cost
    less than half of the OEM price. Chargers are available on e-bay for almost
    all Li-ion batteries often in a kit that allows you to charge using 120/240
    or 12 volts for prices as low as $20 or so.
    Ron
    +++++++++

    Ron, Oct 16, 2012

  2. Ron

    jdanield Guest

    Le 16/10/2012 15:11, Ron a écrit :

    > +++++++++
    > I have Li-ion batteries that still have a charge after setting unused
    > in the camera for 2-3 months. When not used they hold their charge
    > much better than other rechargeable batteries. Non OEM Li-ion
    > batteries are available and the prices are all over the scale. The
    > cheapest one are just that cheap and not worth buying. I have had
    > good luck with non OEM batteries that cost less than half of the OEM
    > price. Chargers are available on e-bay for almost all Li-ion
    > batteries often in a kit that allows you to charge using 120/240 or 12
    > volts for prices as low as $20 or so.
    > Ron
    > +++++++++

    I second this. do not take the lower price, the others are good

    jdd

    jdanield, Oct 16, 2012