Re: Battery question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Oct 16, 2012.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:50:50 -0400, wrote:

    >I'm looking at two digital camers, a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and a FinePix
    >HS25EXR. Almost identical cameras with a few minor (to me anyway) differences.
    >But the big one I'm trying to decide is 4 AA batteris in the FinePix HS25EXR
    >versus am Li-ion battery in the FinePix HS30EXR. My first thought was that the
    >AA batteries would be easy to replace when I needed them, especially if I was on
    >the road. I can easily buy them. Camera supposedly gets 35o shots out of the
    >batteries. The Li-ion supposedly gets 600 shots. But of course, it has to then
    >be recharged, Any thoughts as to which power supply is the better? Thanks.

    Doesn't it rather depend on your own shooting habits?

    Do you often shoot more than 300 shots in one outing?

    Do you often take trips where recharging your battery would be
    necessary to continue to shoot?

    If there is some special reason that one type of battery would be
    better than the other, then you give additional weight to the battery
    type. If not, look to other differences.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Oct 16, 2012