Re: Banned from posting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Winston, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Winston

    Winston Guest

    (Lee Bowman) wrote in

    > Does anyone out there know how a newsgroup can keep a certain
    > person from posting on their forum? I've aparently been
    > banned from a forum that I'll not name, not for profanity,
    > trolling, or violation their rules, but simplly because I have
    > a point of view different from theirs, and both defended and
    > stated it on a regular basis. I have verbally sparred with
    > their posters, and usually won the point. Although sworn at, I
    > have never lowered myself in that manner, but have nonetheless
    > won points of contention, causing consternation at times.
    >
    > Now when I submit a post, the browser gets a server
    > confirmation, but the post never appears. I have emailed
    > their staff, asking the reason, but got no answer.
    >
    > I may eleborate further, but at this point, I just need to
    > know the mechanism by which I am banned from posting. I've
    > tried posting with a different email and handle, with the same
    > result.
    >
    > Is there something I can do to disguise myself. If I do get
    > back on, I might elect to let the group know that I was
    > banned, and that the reason was for intellectual diversity;
    > in other words, agree with us or get lost.
    >
    > Lee

    Mr. Bowman aka IDadvocacy
    What purpose are you trying to achieve by posting to all
    these groups
    (alt.bible,netscape.public.mozilla.general,rec.org.mensa,24hoursupp
    ort.helpdesk) with the same question?
    Winston, Feb 15, 2006