Re: "Bad Travel" Problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Jan 11, 2011.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jan 10, 3:11 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-01-10 12:01:31 -0800, Bowser <> said:
    >
    > > No, not another date or time change, just a question for all the AFP
    > > members here. I've been going through my travel photos, and I'm having
    > > a hell of a time selecting just three. Honestly, I didn't realize how
    > > many bad travel photos I had until I started looking for this mandate.

    > > Anyone else having trouble paring it down to three? I swear I could
    > > increase the number of submissions to 100 per shooter and I'd still
    > > want to add a few more. I guess when you've shot a photo of a dog's
    > > grave, anything is possible for bad photos. Yes, I really did...

    > You are aware that the "Bad travel" shots was suggested as a snipe at
    > John Sisker, who did his damage in alt.photography?
    >
    > After enduring a year of the Sisker travel galleries let's just keep it
    > at three. You wouldn't need to pick any of the shots you took, just
    > pick any three Sisker shots from his years worth of submissions.

    I'm going to be a LOT careful with my suggestions from now on.

    But, it is actually an intriguing category. I kind of like Alan
    Browne's take. Maybe something that is "bad" in some way, but
    otherwise slightly interesting. Like, say, Barstow:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4922867360/#/photos/billkeshlear/4922867360/lightbox/
    otter, Jan 11, 2011

  2. otter

    Bowser Guest

    "otter" wrote in message

    On Jan 10, 3:11 pm, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-01-10 12:01:31 -0800, Bowser <>
    > said:
    >
    > > No, not another date or time change, just a question for
    > > all the AFP
    > > members here. I've been going through my travel photos,
    > > and I'm having
    > > a hell of a time selecting just three. Honestly, I
    > > didn't realize how
    > > many bad travel photos I had until I started looking for
    > > this mandate.

    > > Anyone else having trouble paring it down to three? I
    > > swear I could
    > > increase the number of submissions to 100 per shooter
    > > and I'd still
    > > want to add a few more. I guess when you've shot a photo
    > > of a dog's
    > > grave, anything is possible for bad photos. Yes, I
    > > really did...

    > You are aware that the "Bad travel" shots was suggested as
    > a snipe at
    > John Sisker, who did his damage in alt.photography?
    >
    > After enduring a year of the Sisker travel galleries let's
    > just keep it
    > at three. You wouldn't need to pick any of the shots you
    > took, just
    > pick any three Sisker shots from his years worth of
    > submissions.

    I'm going to be a LOT careful with my suggestions from now
    on.

    But, it is actually an intriguing category. I kind of like
    Alan
    Browne's take. Maybe something that is "bad" in some way,
    but
    otherwise slightly interesting. Like, say, Barstow:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4922867360/#/photos/billkeshlear/4922867360/lightbox/

    I was and am aware that it was posed as a joke, but I liked
    it! Something we can have some fun with, no question about
    it. And that Barstow shot is classic.
    Bowser, Jan 11, 2011

  3. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jan 11, 6:58 am, "Bowser" <> wrote:
    > "otter"  wrote in message

    > On Jan 10, 3:11 pm, Savageduck
    >

    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > > On 2011-01-10 12:01:31 -0800, Bowser <>
    > > said:

    > > > No, not another date or time change, just a question for
    > > > all the AFP
    > > > members here. I've been going through my travel photos,
    > > > and I'm having
    > > > a hell of a time selecting just three. Honestly, I
    > > > didn't realize how
    > > > many bad travel photos I had until I started looking for
    > > > this mandate.

    > > > Anyone else having trouble paring it down to three? I
    > > > swear I could
    > > > increase the number of submissions to 100 per shooter
    > > > and I'd still
    > > > want to add a few more. I guess when you've shot a photo
    > > > of a dog's
    > > > grave, anything is possible for bad photos. Yes, I
    > > > really did...

    > > You are aware that the "Bad travel" shots was suggested as
    > > a snipe at
    > > John Sisker, who did his damage in alt.photography?

    > > After enduring a year of the Sisker travel galleries let's
    > > just keep it
    > > at three. You wouldn't need to pick any of the shots you
    > > took, just
    > > pick any three Sisker shots from his years worth of
    > > submissions.

    > I'm going to be a LOT careful with my suggestions from now
    > on.
    >
    > But, it is actually an intriguing category.  I kind of like
    > Alan
    > Browne's take.  Maybe something that is "bad" in some way,
    > but
    > otherwise slightly interesting.  Like, say, Barstow:http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4922867360/#/photos/billkes...

    > I was and am aware that it was posed as a joke, but I liked
    > it! Something we can have some fun with, no question about
    > it. And that Barstow shot is classic.

    Probably wasted my best bad travel pic, but I posted it here before.
    So I'll try to dig up something else.
    otter, Jan 12, 2011