Re: Bad Transcend 256 mb Compact Flash, need help!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi, my friend who are using a Kodak digital camera and a 256MB compact
    > flash (made by Transcend) kinda crashed (his guess is bad memory card)
    > and now he couldn't recover all of the business trip photos from his
    > compact flash. Is there any way to recover all these lost data?? Also,
    > any other bad/good experience with this "Transcend" compact flash
    > memory? Do they offer any kind of technical support when this kind of
    > incident happens? Many thanks!

    I bought a Transcend 512MB and in the first few days it froze my camera
    (Olympus 5050) and crashed twice (all pictures were lost). These cards
    are "unstable" and you have to be careful when using them. Don't store
    too many pictures on them.

    He might try using PC Inspector Smart Recovery
    http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/welcome.htm

    It's free.

    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Maybe try to switch brands?

    I swear, I have the same camera that you do and the CF has worked
    100% perfectly for THOUSANDS of pics I have now taken with it.
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but saying all CF is bad
    based on that just seems to be an over-reaction.

    Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Alfred Molon

    Patrick L. Guest

    I had a similar problem with PQI, but I did not find that others had such a
    problem with those cards.

    Welcome to the world of digital, and like computers, you run into glitches
    and compatibility problems, but that does not mean the brand itself is bad,
    and that has been my experience.

    If the Transcend problem was any where near pervasive, I should think they
    couldn't stay in business very long.

    Patrick

    Patrick L., Aug 21, 2003
  4. Alfred Molon

    T.T. Lee Guest

    Guys, just a quick FYI, according to my friend, he has another compact
    flash card (made in Japan) which NEVER caused him ANY problems, while
    he just tried this Transcend brand for once and it crashed.. so
    "maybe" this IS brand-related...

    T.T. Lee, Aug 23, 2003