Re: Bad news for me- revisited.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by FredG, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. FredG

    FredG Guest

    (Ghost) wrote in message news:<user-0208031011040001@1.0.0.3>...
    > where does the blue IDE
    > connector go, or how is "A" or "B" drive determined (the twist in the
    > cable). All easy, basic questions like that!

    OK - I'll ask. Why must the Blue always go to the mobo?

    Also I've a PC I set up the other day where the middle (grey) is the
    master, and the end (black) is the slave. Everything seems to works
    OK. Que pasa aqui?
    FredG, Aug 5, 2003

  2. FredG

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    (FredG) wrote:

    > (Ghost) wrote in message news:<user-0208031011040001@1.0.0.3>...
    > > where does the blue IDE
    > > connector go, or how is "A" or "B" drive determined (the twist in the
    > > cable). All easy, basic questions like that!

    > OK - I'll ask. Why must the Blue always go to the mobo?
    >
    > Also I've a PC I set up the other day where the middle (grey) is the
    > master, and the end (black) is the slave. Everything seems to works
    > OK. Que pasa aqui?

    40 conductor cables are electrically the same at each connnector- it
    matters not what gets plugged in to what...

    on 80 conductor cables, each connector is electrically diffferent from
    each other- thats why they are different colors.
    Ghost, Aug 5, 2003

  3. FredG

    FredG Guest

    (FredG) wrote in message
    > OK - I'll ask. Why must the Blue always go to the mobo?

    Thanks for all the replies here, and to Ghost for his most recent
    article on these cables.
    FredG, Aug 7, 2003