Re: Bad Monitor???

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:43:39 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    > From you description, I'd guess it's not the tube and not the flyback.
    > Beyond that, very hard to say, but the symptoms suggest problems in
    >the horizontal circuitry that drives the flyback and produces high
    >voltage. I'm guessing that the high voltage is way low,

    Low HV causes the picture to expand.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 29, 2004

  2. On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:43:47 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >In isolation, yes. But in this instance, there were a variety of
    >symptoms, which taken together suggest horizontal problems (in the
    >drive, rather than the output), and my guess remains that the HV is
    >probably low, although I'm guessint that it's other characteristics of
    >the problem that are causing the shrunken image.

    In my experience, even a slight disruption of the H drive signal often
    (not always, though) causes the HOT to fail.

    This may be a good one to post on sci.electronics.repair.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 30, 2004