Re: Bad Mobo??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wisdomkiller & pain, Sep 17, 2008.

  1. Ben C> wrote:

    > I have (had) a Vista Ultimate 32-bit OS running for 9 months on a PC
    > with:
    >
    > Intel DG965WH Mobo
    > Intel E6300 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo CPU
    > EVGA 8600GT/256MB PCI-e 16X
    > 2GB GEil DR2 800 RAM
    > 1-PCI USB Card
    > 1-optical drive (SATA)
    > 2-Hard Drives (IDE)
    > 2-80mm fans
    > 1-120mm fan
    > Thermaltake 430W TR2 PSU 24-pin connector

    > The PC won't resart at all. There is a green light on the motherboard,
    > and the power switch is flashing. When I attempt to start the PC,
    > nothing happens. No fans, no life except flashing power button & mobo
    > light.
    > I tried a new PSU with the same results, I tried the old PSU in
    > another PC, and it worked fine.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest something I might try? I can send back the board,
    > but I'd rather fix it myself, if possible.
    > ---OR---
    > Is there an intel support forum I can go to to try to work this out.
    > The board is still under warranty.

    It may be a ram module gone bad/shorted somewhere. Or anything else.
    You should begin with exclusion tests: remove everything not necessary to
    get at least a beepcode from your mainboard connectors, which means
    harddisks, other peripherals, even the internally usb-connected cardreader,
    last not least all RAM modules and even the graphic card.
    Just let the beeper tell you a life sign when you switch on the mainboard.
    Afterwards, begin reattaching the most essential things first, graphic card
    and one stick of ram. Repeat the tests.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Sep 17, 2008