Re: Bad Mobo??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom Lake, Sep 17, 2008.

  1. Tom Lake

    Tom Lake Guest

    > The PC won't resart at all. There is a green light on the motherboard,
    > and the power switch is flashing. When I attempt to start the PC,
    > nothing happens. No fans, no life except flashing power button & mobo
    > light.
    > I tried a new PSU with the same results, I tried the old PSU in
    > another PC, and it worked fine.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest something I might try? I can send back the board,
    > but I'd rather fix it myself, if possible.

    I have the same model mobo. When I tried to install an nVidia graphics
    card, the same thing happened to me. No beeps, no fans, mobo light on.
    I removed the video card but no change.

    I removed all RAM from the board (with power off, of course!)
    Then I powered up and got some beeps. I then powered off,
    reinstalled the RAM, powered up and it's been working ever since.
    It's worth a shot since it only takes a little time to try it and it's
    free.

    Tom Lake
    Tom Lake, Sep 17, 2008

  2. Tom Lake

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Ben C>" <> wrote in message
    > OK, that did it. Now what? Throw out the NVIDIA card? The built-in
    > card is lame at best. Is this an issue with NVIDIA or Intel?
    > -J.

    I don't know who's to blame (I suspect Intel but it doesn't really matter -
    see below)
    I replaced the nVidia with an ATI card and it works fine.

    Tom Lake

    --

    "Whether the stone hits the pitcher or the pitcher hits the stone it's
    going to be bad for the pitcher"

    - My fuzzy memory of Man of LaMancha
    Tom Lake, Sep 18, 2008