Re: bad hard drive??

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Linda, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Linda

    Linda Guest

    The registry is on the hard drive. But only after you install a
    windows operating system.You might be thinking of the master boot
    record which is placed on a hard drive when you install it using fdisk
    or some other disk utility. Did you run fdisk? Try fdisk /mbr -the
    /mbr switch overwrites the boot record that wasn't erased with a
    simple format. However, you may still have hardware issues. Go to the
    manufacturer's web site and search for RMA instructions. RMA is for
    Return Merchandize Authorization. They have tools to see if it really
    is the hardware before authorizing the return on warranty work. As an
    A+ guy get used to the RMA process as it will become a necessary part
    of your job. If the hard drive is shot replace it.
    Linda
    MCSE,MCSA,CCNA,A+,Net+

    .. On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:32:34 -0500, jaydj3

    Linda, Aug 27, 2003