Re: Bad 7200.11 Seagate Hard Drives, what to get now.?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rod Speed, Feb 28, 2009.

  1. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    OZZY Boy wrote:

    > Need to replace a Failed Seagate HD but with all the
    > bad reports of 7200.11 drives what now do I get the
    > 2 shops that I looked at only had 7200.11 drives..

    I prefer samsungs myself. Nice and quiet, and nice a cool.

    You usually cant buy them quite as big as the biggest Seagates tho.

    I dont usually buy the biggest anyway, poor $/GB.

    Rod Speed, Feb 28, 2009

  2. On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 06:51:21 +1100, "Rod Speed"
    <> wrote:

    >OZZY Boy wrote:
    >
    >> Need to replace a Failed Seagate HD but with all the
    >> bad reports of 7200.11 drives what now do I get the
    >> 2 shops that I looked at only had 7200.11 drives..

    >I prefer samsungs myself. Nice and quiet, and nice a cool.
    >
    >You usually cant buy them quite as big as the biggest Seagates tho.
    >
    >I dont usually buy the biggest anyway, poor $/GB.

    At the moment, the best $/Gbyte is the Seagate 1.5 Tbyte drive. But I
    would not recommend anyone buying one, as mine is very slow. So the
    best $/Gbyte for a good drive is the Seagate 1 Tbyte ones.

    Stephen Worthington, Feb 28, 2009

  3. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Stephen Worthington wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> OZZY Boy wrote

    >>> Need to replace a Failed Seagate HD but with all the
    >>> bad reports of 7200.11 drives what now do I get the
    >>> 2 shops that I looked at only had 7200.11 drives..

    >> I prefer samsungs myself. Nice and quiet, and nice a cool.

    >> You usually cant buy them quite as big as the biggest Seagates tho.

    >> I dont usually buy the biggest anyway, poor $/GB.

    > At the moment, the best $/Gbyte is the Seagate 1.5 Tbyte drive.
    > But I would not recommend anyone buying one, as mine is very slow.
    > So the best $/Gbyte for a good drive is the Seagate 1 Tbyte ones.

    Not quite, the WD is a little cheaper.
    http://www.google.com/products?q=1tb internal hard drive&scoring=p

    Rod Speed, Mar 1, 2009
  4. On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:28:51 +1100, "Rod Speed"
    <> wrote:

    >Stephen Worthington wrote
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> OZZY Boy wrote

    >>> I prefer samsungs myself. Nice and quiet, and nice a cool.

    >>> You usually cant buy them quite as big as the biggest Seagates tho.

    >>> I dont usually buy the biggest anyway, poor $/GB.

    >> At the moment, the best $/Gbyte is the Seagate 1.5 Tbyte drive.
    >> But I would not recommend anyone buying one, as mine is very slow.
    >> So the best $/Gbyte for a good drive is the Seagate 1 Tbyte ones.

    >Not quite, the WD is a little cheaper.
    >http://www.google.com/products?q=1tb internal hard drive&scoring=p

    Interesting, it seems to have come down a bit recently, and in NZ too.
    Competition working how it is supposed to!

    Stephen Worthington, Mar 1, 2009