Re: Backing up MS Outlook stuff.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by SharkFOA, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    "Dany P. Wu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
    > backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?

    There's a free download at the MS site called Personal Folders Backup. Set
    it & forget it.

    --
    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Jul 20, 2003

  2. SharkFOA

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:08:07 +1200, SharkFOA wrote:

    > "Dany P. Wu" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
    >> backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    > There's a free download at the MS site called Personal Folders Backup. Set
    > it & forget it.

    That is abit like saying, there is a needle in that haystack :)
    Gordon, Jul 20, 2003

  3. > "Dany P. Wu" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
    > > backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?

    File | Archive will send your current mail (and other folders if you want)
    to a backup PST
    or just create a new PST and drag and drop
    Nathan Mercer, Jul 21, 2003
  4. SharkFOA

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <pan.2003.07.21.06.29.08.141413@TRACKER>,
    lid says...
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    > <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>
    >

    > <plonk - again!>

    What a nice tolerant fellow you are :)
    Mainlander, Jul 21, 2003
  5. SharkFOA

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:22:28 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <pan.2003.07.21.06.29.08.141413@TRACKER>,
    > says...
    >> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>
    >>

    >> <plonk - again!>

    >What a nice tolerant fellow you are :)

    You accidently put a smiley face on that one.
    Bret, Jul 21, 2003
  6. SharkFOA

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>, nathan@4757979!!!
    SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz says...
    > > "Dany P. Wu" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi everyone,
    > > >
    > > > I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
    > > > backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    > File | Archive will send your current mail (and other folders if you want)
    > to a backup PST
    > or just create a new PST and drag and drop

    That won't back up any Personal Address Books nor will it back
    up any created Rules...

    So.. *also* save:
    (as well as *.pst files)
    *.pab files
    and for Rules, with Outlook running, go into Rules, and Export
    'em (save that file :)

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Jul 22, 2003
  7. SharkFOA

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>, nathan@4757979!!!
    > SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz says...
    > > > "Dany P. Wu" <> wrote in message

    > > File | Archive will send your current mail (and other folders if you want)
    > > to a backup PST
    > > or just create a new PST and drag and drop

    > That won't back up any Personal Address Books nor will it back
    > up any created Rules...
    >
    > So.. *also* save:
    > (as well as *.pst files)
    > *.pab files
    > and for Rules, with Outlook running, go into Rules, and Export
    > 'em (save that file :)

    Most of the useful stuff is under Windows\Application Data or Windows
    \Profiles\username\Application Data, here it also stores the signature
    files and stuff.
    Mainlander, Jul 22, 2003
  8. SharkFOA

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>

    <plonk - again!>

    Lennier

    --
    I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
    of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital
    Lennier, Nov 21, 2003
  9. SharkFOA

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <pan.2003.07.21.06.29.08.141413@TRACKER>,
    lid says...
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    > <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>
    >

    > <plonk - again!>

    whinge - again
    David must be obsessive compulsive, posting 160 messages in nz.comp in
    one evening...
    Mainlander, Nov 21, 2003