Re: Backing up and restoring Mozilla mail and news

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Kevin Farrows wrote:

    > Hi, I am currently evaluating Mozilla with a view to moving all my
    > browsing, mail and news activities to it. I am wondering how I would go
    > about backing up my mozilla mail database and settings prior to having
    > to reinstall windows. I notice that there is a load of mozilla related
    > files in my c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Application Data\Mozilla
    > folder. So is it just a case of backing up this folder, reinstall
    > windows, reinstall mozilla and then restore this folder? There seems to
    > be nothing in the online help related to this.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin
    >

    > remove nospamhere if replying by mail

    That is the location of your profile folder, where all you mail,
    newsgroups, bookmarks, etc. information is stored. I would restore the
    folder before the reinstall of Moz, so that the new Moz install will
    find the profile. Otherwise, it will create a new one.

    Note that the profile is untouched by the unistall, install process.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jul 28, 2003

  2. a.natoli wrote:
    > I am using window XP Professional and want to copy across to my laptop
    > all the email and settings as well as bookmarks
    >
    > I just cannot find them in c:\Documents and Settings\angelo\ there is
    > no application data in my Laptop
    >
    > Can anyone help??
    > Thank you

    Its a hidden folder. GO to the angelo folder drop dwon the Tools menu,
    click the View tab and check the radio button for Show hidden files and
    folders.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Aug 7, 2003