Re: Axe falls on NHS services

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by For example: John Smith, Jul 26, 2010.

  1. This is why it's called austerity.

    The baby boomers who enjoyed an era of unprecedented economic advantage, are
    now called upon to pay some of it back by funding their own healthcare.
    Don't see much wrong with that.

    The cost of pensions and healthcare for the retired is absolutely enormous
    and if left unchecked, would ultimately sink the economy.
    Look on it as the defusing of the ticking, demographic time-bomb.
    This country is simply too unproductive to be able to afford such luxuries
    in the modern, global economy.
    We've simply sleep-walked into the current nightmare.

    For example: John Smith, Jul 26, 2010

  2. For example: John Smith

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:30:43 +0100, For example: John Smith wrote:

    > The baby boomers who enjoyed an era of unprecedented economic advantage,
    > are now called upon to pay some of it back by funding their own
    > healthcare.

    Something they've been funding all their working lives.

    --
    "Snakes! Sons of vipers! How will you escape the judgement of hell?"
    Matthew 23:33.
    Aardvark, Jul 26, 2010