Re: Award winning photographer caught cheating

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Nov 6, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 6, 6:41 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > http://photographersdirect.blogspot.com/2011/09/terje-helless-
    > fraudulent-photos.html
    >
    > or click onhttp://tinyurl.com/d4x456w
    >
    > Swedish wildlife photographer who cut and pasted animal photos taken by
    > other photographers into his own photos...
    > --
    >
    > Alfred Molon

    Sad. Reminds me of that one with the wolf jumping over the log.
    RichA, Nov 6, 2011

  2. RichA

    nick c Guest

    RichA wrote:
    > On Nov 6, 6:41 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >> http://photographersdirect.blogspot.com/2011/09/terje-helless-
    >> fraudulent-photos.html
    >>
    >> or click onhttp://tinyurl.com/d4x456w
    >>
    >> Swedish wildlife photographer who cut and pasted animal photos taken by
    >> other photographers into his own photos...
    >> --
    >>
    >> Alfred Molon

    > Sad. Reminds me of that one with the wolf jumping over the log.

    Sad? Sad for whom, Terje Hellesø? Surely he must have expected his
    actions to be discovered and disclosed someday. However, I suppose when
    one starts to deceive, and by deceiving appears to be successful, the
    process becomes captive and difficult to end.

    Henceforth, such a photographic practice may become known as the
    "Hellesø method" and thus another form of photographic recognition is
    achieved. :))

    "Oh, What A Tangled Web We Weave, When First We Practice To Deceive.
    nick c, Nov 6, 2011

  3. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:18:10 -0800, nick c <> wrote:
    : RichA wrote:
    : > On Nov 6, 6:41 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    : >> http://photographersdirect.blogspot.com/2011/09/terje-helless-
    : >> fraudulent-photos.html
    : >>
    : >> or click onhttp://tinyurl.com/d4x456w
    : >>
    : >> Swedish wildlife photographer who cut and pasted animal photos taken by
    : >> other photographers into his own photos...
    : >> --
    : >>
    : >> Alfred Molon
    : >
    :
    : Sad? Sad for whom, Terje Hellesø? Surely he must have expected his
    : actions to be discovered and disclosed someday. However, I suppose when
    : one starts to deceive, and by deceiving appears to be successful, the
    : process becomes captive and difficult to end.
    :
    : Henceforth, such a photographic practice may become known as the
    : "Hellesø method" and thus another form of photographic recognition is
    : achieved. :))
    :
    : "Oh, What A Tangled Web We Weave, When First We Practice To Deceive.

    Sad for the profession and for the loss of credibility it tends to bring to
    all who display or sell their work. Because whenever someone gets caught
    cheating, the public is left to wonder how many other cheaters are out there.
    Those who get caught seem to share a conceit that they could get away with it,
    even when, as in this case, the cheating was flagrant. But there may be many
    more who never do get caught, because they're better at it.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Nov 7, 2011