Re: AVG

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?dG9tbXl0dWNrZXI=?=, May 13, 2005.

  1. i find it interesting that Trend runs with IA64 but not AMD 64. what is the
    deal there? Charlie, i too am running naked waiting for Trend to come out
    with it. i am running RC2 with order in for the real thing so whoever it was
    that was trying to bust me for running RC2 needs to cool it. if they did not
    want me to install it why did they send it to me and put 360 day license on
    it?
    --
    tommytucker
    music city, tn

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9tbXl0dWNrZXI=?=, May 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG9tbXl0dWNrZXI=?=

    ocbwilg Guest

    "tommytucker" <> wrote in message
    >i find it interesting that Trend runs with IA64 but not AMD 64. what is the
    > deal there? Charlie, i too am running naked waiting for Trend to come out
    > with it. i am running RC2 with order in for the real thing so whoever it
    > was
    > that was trying to bust me for running RC2 needs to cool it. if they did
    > not
    > want me to install it why did they send it to me and put 360 day license
    > on
    > it?

    The IA64 version of windows has been out for a couple of years. I expect
    that Trend will get around to supporting x64 before too long.

    Regarding the license for RC2, the license expired after 360 days or at RTM,
    whichever comes first. It obviously was not Microsoft's intention that
    anyone would run a beta or RC after the product was made available. RTM was
    last month, so whether or not 360 days has passed is irrelevant, your copy
    of RC2 is no longer licensed.
    ocbwilg, May 13, 2005