Re: AVG vs. AVAST vs. NOD32

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, May 10, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Muse Groops <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    > >> Why?

    > > IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
    > > http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
    > >
    > > Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
    > > be warned.

    >But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying
    >that nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of
    >the other AVs?

    Never run Avast "Real-time HTTP scanner" might be the equivalent of
    IMON - download some files from the site and see.

    Download them to your TEMP directory and delete when done
    --
    Paperback Writer
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmF7wb2pIiM

  2. Muse Groops Guest

    Muse Groops, May 10, 2007

  3. Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Muse Groops" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:

    > >> Why?

    > > IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
    > > http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
    > >
    > > Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
    > > be warned.

    > But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying that
    > nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of the
    > other AVs?

    NOD32 as 4 online scanners.

    Amon
    Dmon
    Emon
    Imon

    Imon will look at HTTP traffic, like between the browser and a Web site. If
    it detects anomalies, then it will stop it and allow one to terminate the
    HTTP connection, therefore, it never reaches the computer.

    http://www.eset.com/support/faq1.php?id=1099
    Mr. Arnold, May 11, 2007
  4. Mr. Arnold Guest

    > wrote:

    > >> Why?

    > > IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
    > > http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
    > >
    > > Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
    > > be warned.

    > But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying that
    > nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of the
    > other AVs?

    http://www.eset.com/support/faq1.php?id=1099

    NOD32 allows you just terminate the connection if something is detected. It
    never reaches the machine.

    NOD32 also has Amon, Dmon and Emon.
    Mr. Arnold, May 11, 2007
  5. Guest

    Re: AVG vs. AVAST vs. NOD32 OOPS! IMON!

    Muse Groops <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Muse Groops <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> <snip>

    >just clicked on the link on IMON definition

    What do you do that takes most of your post out of the thread?
    --
    Paperback Writer
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmF7wb2pIiM
    , May 11, 2007
  6. Muse Groops Guest

    wrote:
    > Muse Groops <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
    >>> http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
    >>>
    >>> Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
    >>> be warned.

    >> But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying
    >> that nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of
    >> the other AVs?

    > Never run Avast "Real-time HTTP scanner" might be the equivalent of
    > IMON - download some files from the site and see.

    <snip>
    Pardon my ignorance BUT, what does IMON stand for?

    Thanks
    Muse Groops, May 11, 2007
  7. Muse Groops Guest

    Muse Groops, May 11, 2007
  8. Muse Groops Guest

    wrote:
    > Muse Groops <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >> just clicked on the link on IMON definition

    > What do you do that takes most of your post out of the thread?

    Take my thought processes (as my friend MISS DAVID put it)

    *beyond the beyond*

    to the land of tripalillies and lawn gnomes.

    and a little ADHD doesn't hurt either...
    Muse Groops, May 11, 2007
  9. Guest

    Muse Groops <> wrote:

    >>> just clicked on the link on IMON definition

    >> What do you do that takes most of your post out of the thread?

    >Take my thought processes (as my friend MISS DAVID put it)
    >
    >*beyond the beyond*
    >
    >to the land of tripalillies and lawn gnomes.

    Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

    >and a little ADHD doesn't hurt either...

    Got Kids :)

    --
    Superstar
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zc3C4zDdOXk